• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

333 FSB on A7V8X

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Norrko

On Asus homepage where they list the processor's that are compatible with the motherboards, they tell that the XPxxxx
with the 333 FSB are only supported if there is a "FSB333" sticker on the southbridge...
Right now I'm at 333 Mhz with my XP2200. Am I able to upgrade my CPU and still run 333 FSB without the sticker on the southbridge. I mean, I run at that speed now and why wouldn't I be able to do that later?

Most certainly they may have changed something on the MB, but
the question still remain. Am I able or not?

/Norrko

Thought you ran your system bus att 333 MHz, got kinda shocked when I read that :)

Don't think it matters if there's a sticker on the SB or not! Most Nforce2 cards that I've seen were over 190 MHz system bus (380 MHz FSB).

edit : sorry, misread, thought that you had a A7N8x....

I'm running my A7V8x at 180 MHz system bus (360 MHz FSB), without any problem, and I don't think I've got any sticker on my SB.
The only thing that can stop you from running your MB at 166 MHz system bus if you upgrade to another processor is if the standard multiplyer of that processor will produce a speed to high for the processor. But that's an easy thing to fix! Just unlock the processor and lower the multiplyer!

Last edited:
Raniz said:
Thought you ran your system bus att 333 MHz, got kinda shocked when I read that :)

Don't think it matters if there's a sticker on the SB or not! Most Nforce2 cards that I've seen were over 190 MHz system bus (380 MHz FSB).

edit : sorry, misread, thought that you had a A7N8x....

I'm running my A7V8x at 180 MHz system bus (360 MHz FSB), without any problem, and I don't think I've got any sticker on my SB.
The only thing that can stop you from running your MB at 166 MHz system bus if you upgrade to another processor is if the standard multiplyer of that processor will produce a speed to high for the processor. But that's an easy thing to fix! Just unlock the processor and lower the multiplyer!

That's what I've done so far... Unlocked it... But there must be some explanation that Asus made a sticker. I don't think that they just try to show off that "Hey, Here you got a FSB333 board"

Think that the bords with the sticker on is Officially made for running at 166 MHz system bus.

Probably just an excuse for selling it at a higher price!

Ot: running my A7V8x at 192 MHz system bus now (384 MHz FSB) :)

Back