• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Setispy is idle and won't stop being idle

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

m_arishnakoff

Registered
I woke up today and setispy was idle so i exited it and tried starting it again and it still did the same thing. I also tried to transmit a couple times and i messed with a couple other settings. I also tried rebooting but it still did the same thing. So after an hour of waiting to see if it corrected itself I uninstalled the client, setispy, and setidriver and reinstalled them all. I completed 1 wu and then it started doing the same thing. I have transmitted only 1 wu all day. Please help I am loosing valuable seti time

Are you running windows XP? If so Seti Spy has known problems with that platform. I would suggest running something different like Seti Driver.

I am running 2000 pro. I have everything set up like in the guide by SpeedDj, so setispy and seti driver are supposed to be working together. This is wierd because I have been running seti since june and i have never had this problem.

Last edited:
Hmm, weird. I quit using Spy a long time ago because I encountered a lot of odd ball problems that nobody had any solution for. Seti Driver running alone has been extremely reliable for me.

In my WIndows XP rig (aka my main rig) I just copied a quick access icon into the startup folder of SETIDriver.....as I kept getting odd error with SETISpy.....so every time I restart the machine (or is restarted after a power failure SETIDriver will restart even if SETISpy don't.....then when I do a check into my main rig, I just start SETISpy if it hadn't restarted on its own

Back