• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

hmm??i dunno

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

hp98173

Registered
hi everyone i have finally decided to go water cooling on ym xp1600+ after watching my temp avg 45C and my board avg 40C

do u have any tips? or rules i should know about before i risk ruining my manhood (my bab..i mean pc)

will i was going to build it. add some red die in run it for like 24 hours or see out of case on towels and see if it has leaks. but yea this will take me a long time to do. i really don't feel like friing my baby:)

lol

Ps. anyone know how to cool a ps down?? mine is running at 100C

i dunno Sandra says it is 111C i know it is hot but i never thought it was that hot?

i was thinking my sensor was messed just dunno how to check

lol i want to add a 80mm intake fan on my case rigth in front(looking at it across the top) of my ps just havn'ty found my green lcd fans yet.

Mini-Jet Submersible Pump minijet $34.95
HWLabs Black Ice Pro pro764 $85.95
Tygon R-3603 Lab Grade 1/2' Tubing (4 feet) tygon933 $19.80
Swiftech MCW5000-A Performance AMD Waterblock mcw5000a $96.00
Swiftech MCW40 Graphics Waterblock mcw40711 $59.95
Cylindrical Clear Reservoir $ 39.95

SubTotal: $336.60 CND

Thats my quote for my new w/c sys

any ideas on it?? think i went to much?? to little?? miss anything?

hey canadian m8...I don't want to be a downer, but be SURE you want to spend that much on ocing. I know it's an expensive hobby, but I've seen that for myself (after spending a hundred or two total) that it's really not worth that much

Hate to be the party pooper

But just think long and hard if you want to spend $350 on something that will get you a few more Mhz on your comp, and something that IMO will be obsolete in a few years as technology evolves

Just my 2 cents

And if your set on building a wc system, then IMO, 100 bucks for a heater core is way too much. Go get yourself one for under 20 bucks in great condition at any auto parts store

Thats some pretty expensive stuff, and u might need more then 4 of tubing. Oh and a T line is recomended. Plus a heatercore from a autoparts store is gonna be about 50 dollars cheaper and work alot better.

well i won't be over clocking this pc i just don't like how hot everything is and it sounds like sa jet engine.

but what are the advanges/dis of going with a heatcore from a old car?? is there alot of changing needed to be done for it to work?

Whats a T line for? how much u think? cnd? u think i can buy a good hose for cheaper? if u so u know the name/model of a good hose:)

Last edited:
temp.jpg

once i set up my wc these temps will go down right? (the ps for sure right?)

Back