• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Isopropyl/Water

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

matt2364

I am going to try a bunch of differant liquids in my water cooling system and first on my list was Isopropyl/Water and was wondering what ratio you guys would reccomend?

don't put too much alchohol... unless your system is 100% airtight, you'll end up with no more alchohol as it evaporates ;)

(btw, when I pour isrophol into my res, for like 2 days the temps drop 2 or so C below normal... then all the alchs' gone :(

Mine does the same thing, temps went down 2C after a week.
I think the silicone tubing "leaks" alcohol fumes. But, on the good side, the system is sterilized before it's gone (mine's airtight), so no buggies grow in it even after months of 24/7 runtime.

I'd say around 5% or less as for the mix. I used more at first, and my tubing got a white residue...who knows what from.

i dont have much advice, but i would say read the sticky on different liquids in watercooling... water alone is king, additives have verrry little performance effect. however, if you are using additives to change freezing points or for sterilization i would say they arent a bad idea. good luck. :)

Back