• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Water Cooling Experience

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

OVERALL Water Cooling Experience

• Good

Votes: 153 92.7%
  • Bad

Votes: 4 2.4%
  • Neutral (same as air)

Votes: 8 4.8%

• Total voters
If it weren't for liquid cooling, I'd probably just make hot rodding 'puters a part-time hobby. :p Simply putting in new cards and CPUs doesn't really float my boat that much, overclocking doesn't either. Liquid cooling lets me play and have fun.

im waiting on my parts for my second h20 rig.this is the first high speed fanned hs i ever owned and my last. i hate it with a passion.volcano7+ w/7000 rpm fan.

i loved my first h20 setup and this oen will be better.i love the quiet xtreams it gives.

well i like water cooling and the little window came up and told me my ninja army was to big copy paste is overwelmingly fun so i cant show u and anyways if i showed u the size of my ninja army i would have to kill you...

Almost lost my Sapphire 9500 128mb (that softmods). Luckily, it lived through the leak - it was my fault. Clamp not down tight enough.

Well...my few days of watercooling have been good. I finaly got my system back up after an almost disaster a few months ago. My dad unplugged my pump.

Temps are good, just need to take it all apart again and shorten the tubing.

Mikeonatrike said:
Well...my few days of watercooling have been good. I finaly got my system back up after an almost disaster a few months ago. My dad unplugged my pump.

i hope dad had $$$ to replace the toasted parts :)

poMONKey said:

i hope dad had $$$ to replace the toasted parts :)
I was lucky...my tbird got around 55c without the pump. Hotenuff to make the system reboot but it survived. I seriously doubt he woulda replaced anything...hes definetly not the nicest person and he hates my computers.

My watercooling experience has been a good one - the OC gods have taken my ASUS A7V266-E as a sacrifice. I don't miss it though, as it was a cludge anyways.

Temperatures lower, noise lower, more fun, everything is better. I just hope that spectre the sacrifice tax-collector doesn't come knocking anytime soon.... I'm broke and can't afford to replace anything! :p

gooooooooooooooood! very quiet which is the main reason i got it.d

Last edited:
I had to vote neutral for a number of reasons.

1: Air is EASY to do. I mean EASY.
2: An overclock of maybe 100 MHZ more might not be worth the trouble.
3: I DO like to tinker, but sometimes certain watercooling tasks can be monotonous.
4: Water is quieter.
5: Water is expensive
6: There is only so much you can do with air... Thus the easy factor.
7: The look on people's faces when you try to explain your water rig.

Perhaps if I had a block that was easier to mount things would be different, but the tubing definatly plays a part in making things difficult. I really like planning out a system and putting parts together, but I hate installing it into the system. (Thinking I should probably do an external rig, but that creates new problems.)

I have offered up the the gods a nice Gf4Ti4200, but they were really good to me. They took that card as a sacrafice and gave me an ATI as a good will gift.
What gets me the most about watercooling is the noise. I went over to a friends house the other day and forgot how loud air cooling is. I sat at his computer and was utterly annoyed after about 10 minutes. I could never go back to air.
Watercooling is just so damn fun too! I can crank up my vcore and temps don;t really budge. The awe factor when people see you rig is sweet too.

Good, as long as I take responsibility for my Storm leaking all over my graphics cards! I've only lost two cards, one I RMA'd with BFG and got a replacement.

Second system I've watercooled with no major problems that I couldn't fix...only one was when I put a screw right through the radiator...>.>...leaked everywhere when I filled the loop...but that was purely stupidity.

Back