• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Water Cooling Experience

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

OVERALL Water Cooling Experience

• Good

Votes: 153 92.7%
  • Bad

Votes: 4 2.4%
  • Neutral (same as air)

Votes: 8 4.8%

• Total voters
Its costly

Always afraid of leaks

More difficult to setup than air

Still dam noizy (must have fans on the rad)

Probably only worth the trouble, cost etc if you OC the living daylights out of your CPU.

Mycobacteria said:
Its costly

Always afraid of leaks

More difficult to setup than air

Still dam noizy (must have fans on the rad)

Probably only worth the trouble, cost etc if you OC the living daylights out of your CPU.
I've never seen watercooling as costly, maybe if you buy retail parts, but you can always find users on the board to help you there.

Once I set it up, and it doesn't leak, I never really check it again unless I start getting air in my system...also, auto-shutdown at the lowest temp I can set.

I'll have to agree with that one...lol

Not noisy if you get good quiet fans...but, on the other hand, I did go to watercooling for temps and noise, and have only acheived temps....lol, it will be better when I get good fans on it.

Last edited:
Where do you folks find a 3 year old thread to resurrect?

I spent a lot of time and parts swapping in search of silence when I initially got into watercooling over 2 years ago. I got into watercooling for silence as at the time there were no good heatpipe solutions like there are now. I don't know what you folks are doing, but my system is very, very quiet. I have an MCP350 pump with 6 yates at 4v ea. The pump is actually louder than the fans, and with the PA120.3, it cools whatever I throw at it all day long. Our refrigerator two rooms over drowns out the computer it is so quiet.

I have found that leaktesting with air before adding water is very beneficial. It sure makes for less hastle when setting a loop up. On my current setup which I just upgraded to a C2D and Fuzion, I leaktested with air first and sure enough found that one of my res barbs was leaking. It was nothing but a simple matter of pulling the barb back out and sealing it better to fix it. I had nothing to clean up and no draining/refilling to do before I could fix it.

my first endeavor into water cooling was on the xbox 360. it didnt go so well as the stupid koolance blocks are a pita to mount on the 360 without koolance's brackets. long story short, the gpu got destroyed while mounting. my second attempt was helping my brother use the above kit to water cool his pIII system. pump sux but its working. my third attempt is using the parts in my sig. only waiting on pump and maze5 which should be here tomorrow so i have to see how that goes.

Awesome. Even though I've dealt with algae and a radiator leak. Wish I would have gone to H2O alot sooner. Don't miss the days of listening to the Tornado.

I love my WC loop . GTot my cpu to idel at 28c and gpu at 41c. Not going to touch the loop for a while. While gaming for hours the cpu hits about 40c and the gpu never goes above 48c.:)

Was this poll setup to help some dude decide if he wants water?

Preformance is great... but dude there is a fair bit of work involved...

Back