• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

KX7-333R When will a new bios be release???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dpw2atox

I noticed that ABit hasn't released a new bios for the KX7-333 in quite some time. Their first few releases typically have been every 2-3 months but already it has been since August and its january now. Only recent release was a modified bios with the highpoint 2.34 but that wasn't released by abit. I'd really like to see them issue even a beta bios or something with either support for the 333Mhz FSB AMD cpus which I doubt will happen or some more bug fixes and really would like to see some new features appear. I remember with my old KR7A-Raid how they took like 4 months for a release but had a bunch of new options appear in the bios and fixed a bunch of the memory problems. They still had a bios released in november and still there hasn't been anything for the KX7......either they've been really lazy or there are going to be some nice new features added to the board. Anyone know anything about a new bios release comming up for it or even a beta release?

I might be wrong, but I seem to remember reading somewhere that the KX7 does not 'officially' support 333 Athlon XPs and so bios support is limited to the 2600+ (266).

that is correct.....the KX7-333R is said by abit to not officially support 333Mhz FSB cpus course my 1700+ tbred is running at 334Mhz right now so who knows if they will ever change that. I just am really interested in a new bios and hopefully some new features of some sort to explain the long wait in a new release.

They probably just want you to buy there new boards..

I mean doh.. We have been runing are old Athlon XP chips with a FSB of over 200x2=400 for a long time now...so it will support them no freakin prob..Just gota unlock them is all.

KnownKiller said:
We have been runing are old Athlon XP chips with a FSB of over 200x2=400 for a long time now...so it will support them no freakin prob..Just gota unlock them is all.

That's right no problem with 'user defined', just sounds like there will be no 333 Athlon defaults. Not that this will affect many, but it will mean that new chips will nolonger trigger bios updates.

Sonny, where did you hear that v1.1 supports the 333Mhz FSB Chips??? I was under the impression that the KX7-333 didn't support them officially no matter what the version was.

Back