• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Conversation with my buddy from nVidia (re: NV30)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Ya know...if they can get thier drivers tweaked for the GFX right...they could be crushing ATI. I mean think back to when the 9700 came out. Nv freaked! They made thier dirver techs burn the midnight oil to release the 40 series drivers...and guess what? It gave most Gf cards a 1,000 point madonion boost over the 30 series. I almost wonder if they knew this all along and were holding out????? But anyways...if they did it back then, why can't they still do it now...with a whole brand new GPU and new drivers to boot? Well evnas? What do you think?

krag said:
Ya know...if they can get thier drivers tweaked for the GFX right...they could be crushing ATI. I mean think back to when the 9700 came out. Nv freaked! They made thier dirver techs burn the midnight oil to release the 40 series drivers...and guess what? It gave most Gf cards a 1,000 point madonion boost over the 30 series. I almost wonder if they knew this all along and were holding out????? But anyways...if they did it back then, why can't they still do it now...with a whole brand new GPU and new drivers to boot? Well evnas? What do you think?

U do realize that with that 1k point increase, they slaughtered image quality to hell right? :rolleyes:

krag said:

Great, they spent a bunch of dough in OT to give people a 1000 point 3DMark score increase and lower gaming performance.

Oops...I forgot they did that to impress people who think 3DMark is the end all of gaming.

Overclocker550 said:
"Given that they simply want to "crush ATi," I doubt they'll charge 600 bucks."

so Nvidia will eat their losses to win customers? I had the impression they wanted money and they also know customers can get the geforce4 instead?

as for overclocking, I doubt the core would do even 520MHz without artifacts, clock it higher and u fry teh card. If anyone is gonna OC, they should try the ram, this is where it really counts, plus ram makes much less heat, I bet they can get a good 50-100MHz out of that

HOLLY CRAP!!!

YOUR FIRST POST THAT TRULLY MAKES ANY SENSE YIPEE :clap: :clap: :burn: :burn:

way to go dude, keep it that way and youll make it to senior ;)

krag said:

or they could have been holding back that performance the whole time, i remember the Det4s came out right when the 8500 was announced and added 30-50% to the Geforce3 performance, i find it funny that Nvidia always seems to be able to gain massice improvement in their drivers whenever there is an Ati card coming out:rolleyes:

larva said:
cool, ATI must DIE... lol.

Seriously, I've got a question maybe you can run by your friend. I heard a rumor that all FX PCB's will be produced my MSI regardless of who assembles and sells the card. Any truth to this (rather outlandish sounding) rumor?

I heard that they would help design the reference boards for nVidia(VisionTek did this until they foreclosed and reemerged waving the ATi banner), but build them exclusively?! :eek:

funnyperson1 said:

or they could have been holding back that performance the whole time, i remember the Det4s came out right when the 8500 was announced and added 30-50% to the Geforce3 performance, i find it funny that Nvidia always seems to be able to gain massice improvement in their drivers whenever there is an Ati card coming out:rolleyes:

Toataly dude! Thats what I'm talkin' about! Why can't NV just be upfront with it's customers and give us the goods from the start? We get milked...a little here...and a little there. Moooooooooooo!

Evnas said:

U do realize that with that 1k point increase, they slaughtered image quality to hell right? :rolleyes:

Not completly...I wouldn't say "to hell." It all depends on which beta driver you used 40.41, 40.72, etc...

Back