• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

HELP! A7N8x dlx Overclocking Problems

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

cruc1fy

WHen I first boot (clean CMOS) it, the fsb and mult. are set to auto. It's puts my XP 2600+ at 166 with a 6.5 multiplier. Although it's actually running at 2075 (according to Sandra), I'd like to know why it's only telling my 166*6.5.

Beyond that, if I change the FSB by even 1, or change the multiplier by 1, I get a message saying "Warning - CPU has overspeed."

I thought that the nForce2 boards were supposed to allow at least minor overclocking without modifications to the processor.

Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

(Athlon XP 2600+ (333), A7N8X Deluxe, 2x 256MB Corsair XMS PC3200).

i get a similar problem, bios 1001C tells me i am at 12.5/13 when i set it at auto with 133fsb, but the XP2400 has a multi of 15!!!??

and also is there any bios that auto unlocks yet?

nana

Here's another problem. When I run the BIOS flash ute (the one built onto the board - alt+F2 on boot), and type the name of the bin file, it says, without fail, file not found.

I've tried a:\whatever.bin, whatever.bin, a:whatever.bin

How should I be doing that?

Awesome. The 1001C fixed it. Now I'm running it at 204MHzX11.5 (1.75V) on aircooling.

Thanks again.

Back