• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Thermaltake Subzero4g

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mr-nsf

Registered
Link

Whats u all think, think its quite neat but from the looks of it the card will only like 2 case fans which is a bummer if u got a lian li pc70 (or planin on gettin one)

Post Ur Views

If this thing actually works it'll be awesome... Close to water cooling temps without having to worry about pumps, tubing, etc. I love wc'n but this would just be sooo much easier

nsf, it looks like it only uses those 2, but im sure u can use more

an aircooled pelt, eh.

you can do that now with constant voltage to the pelt, my question is what the heck does the processor thingy do exactly. It adjusts the fans, but a pelt is always taking away X watts of heat, so the top plate would always be hot, it is the cold plate that changes temp, depending on thermal load, so wouldn't the fans just be overpowered like they are in many aircooled pelts now?

or do i have this all wrong?
________
Kitchen Measures

Last edited:
The scary bit is that they don't say what speed CPU's are giving the temps on the last part of the page. To properly cool the fastest CPU's of today you need more than that tiny aluminium HS.

And how many watts is that peltier? The only info is that the controller pulls 73watts from mains at full stress, that's feeding both the peltier and the two fans.. Plus power conversion loss..

If my memory serves me correctly, Thermaltake is working with ActiveCool to make this product. See this data sheet that I got from the company:

http://www.math.umn.edu/~macklin/images/ocforum/AC4GDataSheet.pdf

I talked with these folks some time ago ... on the forums, we had quite a discussion here in October:

http://forum.oc-forums.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=134751&highlight=revolutionary

Hope that helps ;) -- Paul

@AnTmaN: Did you have that avatar first, or did Mpegger? Just curious ...

Looks cool but I wonder how the results will be. I mean, I was kind of dissapointed that it is aluminum and not copper and the Swiftech air peltier combo is copper.

Yeah, I'm pretty much at the "wait and see" place right now ... -- Paul

Of course, they said they weren't planning on making one for socket 370, so I guess it's more of an academic wondering ....

Back