• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

WC experts - opinion on best setup w/GPU WB

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Ian Cherubino

Registered
I'm currently using a Swiftech MCW462-U waterblock, an Eheim 1048 pump, and a Black Ice Xtreme radiator with dual 120 mm fans.

I am about to add a MCW50 waterblock to my GF4 4600 and am unsure of how best to set it up. I will be adding a Swiftech GPU waterblock and a Black Ice Micro to the above setup. I see two solutions:

1. Add a regular MCW50 waterblock and use the progression: pump-Black Ice Xtreme-CPU-Black Ice Micro-GPU-pump. This would put the largest radiator before the greatest heat source and the smaller radiator before the lesser heat source.

2. Add an MCW50-T with an 80 watt TEC and use the progression: pump-Black Ice Xtreme-Black Ice Micro-CPU-GPU-pump. This would run the water through both radiators before the CPU, scrubbing off the extra heat from the TEC and putting the coldest water into the CPU waterblock. The TEC GPU block would get warmer water coming right from the CPU block, but the TEC would compensate for it, and having warmer water on the hot side would result in less extreme temps on the cold side reducing the chance of condensation.

Which is better and which would you choose?

(I'm running a 1600+ at 2000 and the 4600 at 320/745.)

im not an expert. but i think maybe if you did the first setup except replace teh block with the TEC version that would be best.

I assume you mean use the MCW50-T but keep the alternating setup. Why? What are your thoughts on the benefits of that setup?

Back