a7n8x support bartons?

Might be a stupid question but does anybody know if the a7n8x will support the bartons when they come out?

yes

Little Rock, AR (AR is Arkansas NOT Arizona!!!)
    if they are to support the barton they will require a 200MHz FSB, if thats true then how come i can only get 185MHz on mine?
    Athlon XP 1700+ tbredB 2400MHz @ 2v
    1.25GB PC3200
    ATI Radeon 9700pro
    PNY GeForce 3 Ti-500 has found a new home but is still loved 11014 3DMarks|OC3D
    Abit NF7-S
    D-Tek TC-4 water cooling
    proudly folding for team 32!!!
    Avatar made as small as possible to save bandwidth
    Member of the рс fan club :p

Sweet, glad I won't have to buy a new board when I upgrade

Registered
    Originally posted by IceMan3928
    if they are to support the barton they will require a 200MHz FSB, if thats true then how come i can only get 185MHz on mine?
    Wrong. Bartons will run 166 MHz FSB. AMD has not announced any 200 FSB CPUs yet. There is only a rumour that they might, but they are probably still evaluating it. We might see them, we might not.

So yes, A7N8X will support Barton.

Little Rock, AR (AR is Arkansas NOT Arizona!!!)
    oh, i thought it was official that they had announced 200MHz CPU's, well darn... I was hoping that Asus was holding out on me and planned to open it up all the way to 200 with a BIOS update
    Athlon XP 1700+ tbredB 2400MHz @ 2v
    1.25GB PC3200
    ATI Radeon 9700pro
    PNY GeForce 3 Ti-500 has found a new home but is still loved 11014 3DMarks|OC3D
    Abit NF7-S
    D-Tek TC-4 water cooling
    proudly folding for team 32!!!
    Avatar made as small as possible to save bandwidth
    Member of the рс fan club :p

"if they are to support the barton they will require a 200MHz FSB, if thats true then how come i can only get 185MHz on mine?" - IceMan3928

The new beta 1002 bios goes clear up to 250mhz FSB.

Registered
    oh, i thought it was official that they had announced 200MHz CPU's, well darn... I was hoping that Asus was holding out on me and planned to open it up all the way to 200 with a BIOS update
    You can set up to 250 MHz, but the board won't run that high frequencies. If you look at ASUS home page and product description, it clearly states the board supports 100/133/166 MHz FSB frequencies. It does not state it supports 200 MHz. No AMD motherboard sold today supports that officially, even though you might be able to run some of them at that frequency.

10 Year Badge
    You are likely being limited by either your CPU or vcore or both . 1.9 Ghz is a very respectable clock speed for a 1700 Palomino or T'bred A .
    1/Asus P6T SE,Core i7 920 ( H2O ),ATI Radeon 5870 ( H2O ),OCZ Reaper 6 GB,OCZ Z 1000W modular ps,Seagate 7200.8 250 x2,WD Caviar Black 1TB,Nec AD-7170A,LG GGC Asus USB3.0 and SATA 6g cardBlu-ray/HD DVD drive and burner,Modified Koolance Tower , Swiftech GTZ, Koolance chipset and memory blocks, Modified Maze4 GPU cooler,Vista Ultimate 64
    2/Sony Vaio SR590,Core 2 Duo P7450, ATI 4570m, 4GB DDR2, Win 7 64bit, Crucial M4
    3/PS3 80 GB and 160 GB
    Intermittent FOLDING: system 1, ATI 5870 and PS3 for Team 32
    " Fear of GOD is the beginning of wisdom "
    "The grass withereth, the flower fadeth, but the word of our GOD shall stand forever."

Fold for Team 32

get a newer bios. I've gotten mine to boot with a 211MHz FSB. I haven't tried to hit 250.

get a newer bios. I've gotten mine to boot with a 211MHz FSB. I haven't tried to hit 250.
    Getting it to boot is one thing, getting it to actually run something is another thing.

Scott

Hang on, i thought the reason people couldn't hit the high fsb's 200+ was because of the non-pci/agp lock? Arn't these preasent on the A7N8X, if so, how come were not seeing people with massive fsb overclocks 220+? I know most of the Tbred A's and B's can do over 200fsb easy so whats going on, am i missing something.......i was all set to get this motherboard and now i just get the feeling people have hyped the nforce2 boards up too much and their not performing to peoples expectations.

Please give me hope!

MDA.

Registered
    Originally posted by MDA
    Hang on, i thought the reason people couldn't hit the high fsb's 200+ was because of the non-pci/agp lock? Arn't these preasent on the A7N8X, if so, how come were not seeing people with massive fsb overclocks 220+? I know most of the Tbred A's and B's can do over 200fsb easy so whats going on, am i missing something.......i was all set to get this motherboard and now i just get the feeling people have hyped the nforce2 boards up too much and their not performing to peoples expectations.

Please give me hope!

MDA.
    PCI is locked at 33 MHz, AGP follows the FSB unless you set it to a specific frequency like 66 MHz in BIOS.

The nForce2 boards seems to do some 185 MHz with stock setup. After that you're getting into north bridge problems like overheating and lack of Voltage. The 220+ FSB people are often Epox users with a Voltage mod for the north bridge. Some reaches 200+ MHz without this, but often with better than default cooling on the north bridge.

Originally posted by scott123

Getting it to boot is one thing, getting it to actually run something is another thing.

Scott
    It does run like that. I burned in the processor all night and it was running strong. It sometimes freezes in 3D games when I have it set that high, though, so that's why I'm at 195*12.5. I haven't tried maxing out the stock voltage yet, though, so you never know.

I think so...but there are some people telling that they will fit only to a coming new socket (754)....