• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Slight problem, suggestions?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DeathBuzzz

Here is the deal:

I was testing the mount for my new water block and i heard the little grinding crack we all dread when installing a heat sink on AMD procs. I pull off the wb mount and and there isnt really anything visible, but i could feel a little rough spot on one of the corners of the core of my T-Bird and there were a couple TINY pieces of "glass" next to it...

I figured my proc was dead, but i put back on my air heat sink/fan and booted up. Boots up fine and everything seems to work EXCEPT that motherboard monitor is now constantly reading 100% load and my temp is at 55*C. Rebooted and the same thing.

Programs are running ok, unlike they would if i did have a constant 100% load. I pulled off my heatsink and checked to make sure there wasnt anything stopping the copper from contacting the core ( like a piece of the "glass" or something ) and it all checked out... Anyone have any ideas??? Am I screwed?

Thanks,

~Brian

Back