• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

cd-rw problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

tainice

i purchased the drive, cendyne 32*12*40, about 5 months ago, never gave me any problem. anyway, today, i cannot get the drive to burn at speed of 32x. only options left are 12x, 4x, 2...don't know what gives. i tried to redetect the drive speed first without avail, so i reinstalled nero, still nothing. help!! oh, os is xp pro, no sp1(still waitin' for da damn cd to arrive...:rolleyes: )

What kinda media are you using reemeber some media can only burn at certain speeds and are you using a CDRW? because your CDRW speed is 12 which kinda makes me think you are using a CDRW. pls let me know i will be glad to help.

i tiried to use a 40x cd-r..the same result. Anyway, i solved the problem by reinstall the os, needed to do so anyway.. thanz for the help:)

Thats odd, unless its cheap media or something, my LG 48x will burn some TDK 24X cdr's i have at 48X but I have some cheapie no name ones rated at 40X and it will only let me choose up to 32X for them. Try a different brand I say.

Back