• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Pretty cool case (literally)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
You aren't, by chance, the seller of this case posting an ad?

For $22 it might not be too bad, but would require a bit of modding to get functional. Although, at $22, the PS seems to be more highly suspicious than high quality.
No offense, but I think that case looks like a rather bad performer:
asthetically, it is pretty much a standard mass-produced generic case, worthy of any telemarketer.
the "awsome" fan grills look highly restrictive and about as functional as backing up a modern HD onto floppies.
But, for $22, plus a new PS, and cutting out all the fan grills, you might have a case causing only moderate shame.

I think you're sneakily peddling your wares. Tell me I'm wrong...

I don't sell the cases, I don't even have an ebay account.......not for selling at least. I transplanted the PS into my aluminum case pushing my XP 1700 Tbred to a 2200 @ 1.77V with no stability problems whatsoever. This is with a 50x lite on, DVD, 7200 rpm HD, Radeon 9000pro, a Crapaugge TV card, 5.1 sound card, SMC NIC, a 120mm fan along with 2 80mm Sunnon screamers and 3 more generic 80mm fans, oh and a HD cooler with 2 40mm fans.

I think it's worth it for the PS alone, the case is just a freebie. The PS is alot heavier than my Codegen 350 I was using. It has nice large capacitors and extruded aluminum HS unlike the stamped Codegen HS. The fan even has a connector and the PS fuse is in a bracket, i.e., neither is soldered. Yes, simple things like that tell you about the effort a manufacturer puts into it's product, especially when the customer can't even see those efforts. Oh yeah, the PS has 3, not 2 power stalks that are nice and long. That front 120 mm grill has a vented plate right in front of it. The 2 rear stamped grills definately have to go though. Only thing I think is gimicky about the case are the 2 40 mm fan provisions at the front part of each side panel. They're probably good for passive intake though.

Go ahead and trace my email and you'll see it orginates from Florida. And if I was the sneaky peddler you suggest with over 8000 POSITIVE REVIEWS!! http://cgi2.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback&userid=ezbpc&ssPageName=L2
I sure as hell wouldn't be running a 9000 pro, a kt333 mobo, with a $50 bargain aluminum case!! No I think I'd have at least a Vapo Chill case, the newest Nforce mobo, with a Radeon 9700 pro, don't ya think? Yeah, in short, I'm telling you you're wrong ;) Don't like the case, fine!! I think it's one of the better, higher quality "cheapies" out there. I never claimed it was Lian Li quality now did I? Still don't believe me, PM me and I'll prove it to you over the phone. Have a nice day :D

Edit: updated my sig and included my webpage

Last edited:
That's true, my single 120mm fan generates 75% of my box's noise. Still, air rush is less annoying than high speed whine.

MassiveOverkill said:
Customer gave me one of these for helping him out. The power supply seems to be high quality from opening it up. Just thought I'd pass the link along. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2081757004

My point is that a customer didn't give it to you, you sell hundreds of these. "Just though I'd pass the link along."... That's an ad by the seller, not a friendly heads-up.

That said, maybe the case and PS are fine, maybe ordinary, whatever. However, you're posting an ad, not telling a story about what a customer gave you for helping him out.
What customer, buying what, how'd you help, why?
I really don't need replies to these last questions.

Anyway, best wishes and goodness to you.

If you read my profile you'll see I'm a PC tech. He is a customer for the ISP I work for. He's not a customer as in I sold him a product. He subscribes to our ISP service and I fixed his connectivity problem. He needed to upgrade his computer, I referred him to Newegg (these guys should pay me commission) and he put everything together (obviously he didn't buy everything from Newegg, i.e. the case in question). He had questions about his BIOS setup so I helped him out with it. He was grateful for me saving him over 500 bucks over buying a similar Dell or Gateway and gave me one of the extra cases he bought since they were so inexpensive.

If I could have found a vendor that sold these cases like Newegg or someone, I would have posted that link, but unfortunately, this ebay ad is the only link I could find. Do you go attacking everyone who posts links to Newegg claiming they have some personal gain?

I've updated my profile and even added my webpage and you can even get my full name from all that information, but you'd rather make baseless accusations and throw stones rather than investigate the information and see I'm just some regular joe trying to pass along a good deal. I've even offered for you to PM me to verify that the Ebay seller and I ARE NOT the same person and that I have no affiliation with him.

From now on, I'll be sure to post my whole biography from when I was a little sperm so that you'll know everything about me. I'll be sure to include the name of my firstborn, my SS#, my third grade locker combination.

If you're an air cooling enthusiast, it seems like a reasonable case. The fans don't have to be loud if you use lower velocity fans. Given their quantity, you'd certainly get adequate ventilation even with lower (quieter) velocity fans. If the bidding was not already closed, I'd probably buy one for the next (family member) PC I end up building.

On a separate note, I found this post due to being emailed as a moderator requesting I give it a look to make sure it was not someone selling outside the classifieds. Though close (in my opinion) to a questionable post, I am not plonking it. There is enough detachment between seller and poster that it does not give me a hinky. It would have been more appropriately posted in cyber deals, but then not all case mongers read the cyber deals frequently. As such, since the bidding is closed, it's pretty much a moot point now.

Hoot

It would be a moot point if my honor wasn't still in question, which is a problem for me. If any moderator would like to get my phone number PM me, heck, I'll even call you. I take personal attacks pretty seriously. I suggest you email the seller in the ebay ad as well.

MassiveOverkill said:
It would be a moot point if my honor wasn't still in question, which is a problem for me. If any moderator would like to get my phone number PM me, heck, I'll even call you. I take personal attacks pretty seriously. I suggest you email the seller in the ebay ad as well.

Me thinks you protest too loudly.

Lighten up man....we've seen it all in here. Just erring to the side of caution.

MassiveOverkill said:
Lighten up? I'm not the one making unfounded accusations.

he may have been overboard, but he IS erring on the side of caution. I would have thought the same thing, though would have worded it a bit differently. For the money, that case seems a good buy.

http://home.cfl.rr.com/a1b2c3d4/images/Computer/

I finally got my hands on a digital camera. This case uses the same basic frame that Enermax uses, which is a very popular chasis. Main difference in this one vs the others is the 120/80 mm fan mount up front. This is one of the few cases using this chasis that actually has openings in the front bezel to allow good airflow. Enermax is the only other brand that has decent front openings.

I'll probably do a side and top window mod down the road. One of the side panel 120 mm fans is barely lit because it didn't like the 12-7 volt mod as well as the other fan did.

My mobo thermister reads about 33C right now, but would probably be cooler if it weren't for my new NB cooler blowing hot air onto it.

If you're wondering what that thing covering the 2 rear 80mm exhaust fans are, it's a piece of lexan packaging that I cut up to shroud the fans from stealing fresh air from my CPU and NB HSF.

Notice the HS on the HD chipsets and memory, these actually got pretty warm.

Lol.........Your screen name is welll chosen.....heh !

No, thats pretty cool actually, never seen sinks on a HD before.

:p

Back