• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

plzzzz help u smart people!!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Slogan

please any1 help me... this error is killing me... it reads...on the 2k pro startup screen ( white screen) after 5 blue squares it cuts to this msg....

***STOP: 0x000000A5 (0x00000011, 0x00000007,0xED469000, 0x0100000C)

The ACPI BIOS in this system is not fully compliant with the ACPI specification. Please read the README.TXT for possible workarounds. You can also contact you system's manufacturer for an updated BIOS or visit www.hardware-update.com to see if new BIOS available.

The BIOS in this systemis not fully ACPI compliant. Please contact your system vendor or vists www.hardware-update.com for an updated BIOS. If you are unable to obtain an updated BIOS or the latest BIOS supplied by your vendor is not ACPI compliant, you can turn off ACPI mode during text setup. To do this, simply press the F7 key when you are prompted to install storage drivers. The system will no notify you that the F7 key was pressed - it will silently disable ACPI and allow you to continue your installation.

well, i disabled acpi, caching, flashed my bios, and guess what, this is a mobo i just got back from the company because my last mobo gave me the same error, and now i have a new one... its not my HD vid card or ram cuz i tested them on another computer and they worked fine.... i stripped everything out of the computer too except for the essentials and still nothing... i tried to reinstall windows and format, even boot from a floppy, but when it tries to startup the windows it gives me the same blue screen..im thinkin the company sent me another bum mobo or the processor is bad,.... plz help some1 who knows!!

are you o/cing it? also when you flashed did you turn ACPI off again? i dont think the processor is bad bc you shouldnt have even gotten that far it was

see if you can find a program that does a stress test on the hdd, cpu and mem that can run off a floopy, that will rule out many problems.

also try and reinstall win2k

not OC'd at all, i jsut got it back today... i did turn it off after and before i flashed it, all that does is restart the computer after the black windows setup screen.... i attempted reinstallin off CD but it cuts to the blue screen almost immediately after it reads the files, i even tried booting from floppy and still same exact place....like i said, i tested my HD, ram, vid card on another computer and wokrs perfectly... this error just came out of the blue one day when i came home from dinner.. i sent the mobo and processor back.... upon arrival today, i got a new different mobo and same processor (i think the exact same one) and i still get this msg.... i even have MCP's who dunno what the problem is... BAH!! thnx for tryin though :{ sorry ididnt clear some of it up..

thnx lit, ill have to try it out tomorrow, i dont have a floppy drive around right now i can put in :{

edit: i dunno if this will fix it :\ it just shows information...

I had a mobo that was slowly dying. It wouldn't run prime and crashed more and more frequently, then it started rebooting every couple hours, eventually getting to the point where it would get into windows, then reboot. Now, I get the "The BIOS in this system is not fully ACPI compliant" error every time I try to boot up.

I'd lean towards calling it a dead mobo, but since you got a replacement maybe not.

i dont think that this program will fix it, but it may rule out things like faulty cpu, memory, and hard drive

i dont think the bios settings really has anything to do with it, i just thing the board is messed up

yea thats what i think too, but i just sent them back a dead one, now they send me back another dead one??? argghh looks like i gotta find another mobo to test everything on

i wouldnt find another board to test things on i would fire up the testing software i pointed to, and see what it says

it could be a compatiablity issue we all are not aware of

antoher question.... i tried booting from floppy, the 98 boot disk on 2k, so i can get to command prompt... well, it worked fine at school, but i came home and tested on my working and non working computer and both gave me "disk i/o error" all computers are win2k :\ i made a new disk too and still same error.... any help as to why its doing that?

Last edited:
not sure, try disconnect the hdd and see if you can get to the prompt, if you can then some how the hdd is interferings with the disk boot up, and you need to disable hdd booting in the bios

Isn't ASPI a cdrom thing? And now having trouble with the Floppy? Unplug everything but the floopy and see if it will boot. If not, send it back, i'd say....

wellll finally! ive gotten it to boot to command prompt,... but i dunno wtf is going on... I THINK that my hard drive is the problem... because normally in command prompt u can chagne to C: and yadda, well i cant! andd althought when i start the computer i can see my harddrive in CMOS, BUT when i ran that prog litghost gave me (thnx) it said "logical drives" = none.... and my hd was nowhere to be found on there...ive switched cables and everything sooo i dunno :{

i think that is bc the dos you have doesnt have any software to deal with your hdd, but to be sure put in another hdd

if everything else is fine then atleast we know the problem lies in either the hdd or mobo

Back