• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Stock AMD cooler for 8500LE?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Chris

hmm i just found an old amd stoxk heatsink in my cupboard well its a coolermaster that used 2 b on my TBird 900. Well i started thiking of a use for it and wondered if it would go on my Radeon 8500LE, well it looks liek it would fit but im just thinking of the cooling would it need a fan on it for starters and would i be able to overclock with no fan on it?

;)

I put one on my GeForce 3 Ti500. My advice is put a fan on it. I ran 3dmark without a fan, and darn near sizzled my hand off. After putting a lilttle 30 mm fan on it (superglue), it wasn't even warm after 3 loops of 3dmark.

i have an 8500LE and the fan on it is fine and dandy... not sure if it's good for OCing yet but i did only get it 2 weeks ago *grin*

looks like ill be putting a fan on it then when i get some epoxy to stick the heasink on, im sure i can find a nice quiet 60mm in my room somewhere.

Back