• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

iBX440 + R9500 problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

D2DM

Hi,

I bought a OEM Connect 3D Radeon9500 128MB card for a iBX440 abit BH6 mobo but it doesn't run well.
Specs: the BH6 in my sig with R9500 vid card, Voodoo2 removed, Quantum Fireball+ KA 18.2GB, AOpen 36x, 1.44MB FD, NIC, ISA SB64AWE, Iiyama A701GT Diamontron monitor, 250Watt psu (3.28V, 4.97V and 11.45V minimum lines with small fluctuations (MBM4.05)). winME and W2k SP3, DX8.1.
I tested it in a P4-1.7, P4B266, 15" flatpanel, 300Watt psu (3.25, 5.0 and 11.0 minimum with big fluctuations(MBM5)) with winXP SP1 and the card works great in that machine, default drivers from cd and also with wxp-w2k-radeon-7-81-021218a-007193c.exe + w1zzard patch :) .

It's back in the BX. (default speed)
On the BX I am able to boot in winME in safe mode, but in normal mode the winME logo shows up and then a blinking cursor, a black screen and a reboot.
In win2000 safe mode is ok. Normal mode gets into windows but a lot of pics, icons and textures become white if I go over them with mouse, the start button is a blank button and clicking it only shows the pop up menu when I move up my mouse. The tasktray contains white squares instead of icons.
The mousecursor becomes a blurry square or stays in the hour glass mode, drop down boxes don't come down, dragging a window across the screen leaves a trace of windows littering the screen, etc.

But games like Q3, SoF2 run without any error.

Any ideas?

I use a Radeon 7500 with a 440 chipset mobo (ASUS MBEVM) with Win ME and it works just fine. However, I did have to set a couple of jumpers on the mobo to disable the onboard graphic. Could this be your problem?

Yes I read about that in the papers with the package...
But no onboard video for me.
Did a format c:, winME clean install with the R9500 in it.
WinME installed with the standard pci drivers.
Uninstalled them, installed drivers from cd and no major problems so far.

Could use abeefier cpu though... hehe

3dmark2k1 = 3000 (360 before :D )

Won't run "Nature" and the 8 light High polygon test...

Last edited:
Back