• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

help getting gromacs...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

RCtruckguy

well i tired running -advmethods in the target line after i closed FAH and deleted the current work. didn't work so i d/l'd new cores and i just got a p190 protien...is this gromacs? (don't think so) or am i getting burnt?~RCTG

gromacs

Just run with the gromacs flags.... don't bother trashing WU's until you get one, cuz that really doesn't work. One server is probably giving them out, but if it isn't doing so when you need a new one, then no matter how many times you try, you still won't get one.

I believe they took the Gromacs down. If you look here you should notice that the Gromacs was on the bottom. The screen shot is here of where it used to be. now it's not. So, I don't think you'll be getting one anytime soon.

Re: gromacs

Arkaine23 said:
Just run with the gromacs flags.... don't bother trashing WU's until you get one, cuz that really doesn't work. One server is probably giving them out, but if it isn't doing so when you need a new one, then no matter how many times you try, you still won't get one.

[minor hijack] what is the gromacs flag? thx [/minor hijack]

flags

There's another optional one that just makes sure the SSE and 3dnow! optimizations are turned on when the client starts... -forceasm

Those optimizations will turn off if there is instability. If you ever see them turn off, you should probably downclock a tad and restart the client.

A) Just checked the project list, and they are only running tinker cores are the moment

B) The -advmethods flag does not mean gromacs. it's purpose is to get WUs that use new processing methods that have not been fully tested to be stable yet.

Back