• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Trident Blade 3d!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Wraith

My girlfriend has a Trident Blade onboard 3d accelerator, I was wondering what the specs on this 8 meg card are, and if it OC's well or at all, that and will it run CS/UT for her? Her rig is an Athlon K6-2 400 w 64 megs of pc 100. She wants to get into gaming/lan partys with me, so I gota make sure her rig will play the games we do! Her Mobo has no AGP port, and she cant sepnd any cash upgrading it, plus im pretty sure (since its compaw) that I can't turn of the onboaard vid card.
Help?

I think counterstrike is an old game, so she could run 1024x768x16 easy. I remember running half life in that res on my old packard hell 233. not sure of fps, but it was smooth. at least 20 for sure. quake3 is the newest game she would get acceptable fps and probably get 25-30fps in 640x480x16 low details. Her cpu sucks for gaming, a 300 celeron is already better, mine at 504 is a fine rig, gets me like 90fps! what she can do is buy a 550MHz amd k6-3 cheap on ebay, say $20 or better yet just build a new comp

her cpu is more a problem then her video card, even a tnt can handle newer games if your cpu is fast and you run 640x480

Overclocker550 said:
her cpu is more a problem then her video card, even a tnt can handle newer games if your cpu is fast and you run 640x480

a cyber blade isnt that much faster than a TNT, my friend has a 16mb one in his 1.6ghz lappy and it gets abosolutely thrashed by by an Athlon700+TNT2 M64

i sure know that she won't be able to use a lot of eye candy... i had a system a lot like that... amd k6-2 @ 400 MHz, 98 mb ram, 8 mb ati xpert 98 and cs was jumpy from time to time at 800 x 600 (okay it was really jumpy). i couldn't turn up the detail and had to run in 16 bit color. like others said, ut won't run. by the way, yes you can turn off the onboard video from the compaqs. you just need to disable the device in the hardware manager. it will always be there, but it will be disabled. if you need instructions on how to disable it, just contact me. i'll be more than happy to help.

Back