• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best M/Bd for an XP1900+ with SD-Ram???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

fritzman

Help...

All you MSI users.... which is the best board for me to buy for this cpu please, that still takes my SD-Ram, or do I have to bite the bullet and by some DDR???

I would say get the DDR, the increased memory bandwith will go a long way. SD will cripple your cpu. Plus you don't want to have to buy another motherboard again when you decide to use DDR (although most that support sd also have DDR support as well).

Omega Destroyer said:
I would say get the DDR, the increased memory bandwith will go a long way. SD will cripple your cpu. Plus you don't want to have to buy another motherboard again when you decide to use DDR (although most that support sd also have DDR support as well).

I would have to agree with that. At the shop i get my stuff at they dont even stock SDRAM boards. Also if u get a mobo with DDR, just get 128Mb ram brick for the time been... BUT u will be able to put more DDR in at a later stage....
DDR makes a huge difference. I got a gf4Ti4400, and at the time had an SDRAM mobo, but i got only 6300 in 3dMark.. I then got a new kt3 Ultra with ddr and put another 3500 points more on 3dMark.. If u can spare the money go for DDR...

As these guys mentioned you will get better performance from DDR, but since you asked the K7T Turbo2 is a nice SDRAM board.

That's exactly what I have done..... ECS K7S5A and it is going great.

My P4-rig has it's motherboard back in Taiwan at present, so I have thrown my stick of DDR at it, and it is running really well.

Windows XP picked up all the necessary changes in the repair function, and it is as though I have my own PC back running again.

What a (temporary) relief!!

Great idea, and a great stable board...... not a single crash in sight. Temps stable around 30 degrees, so I'm a happy chappy.

Back