• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

All Posts Regarding Newegg Refurbs/ WOOT.com please place in this thread

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
THAT"S F-IN HILARIOUS!!
Why can't other companies put out that kind of humorous memo? Some people would die before ever letting something like that out.

Today's WOOT description is really funny (to me at least)
It's one black and one white set of earphones.
Headset The Vote

Go out and vote today, didja? Do your civic duty as a good little soldier? Line up with all the other obedient little sheep to be shorn by your masters? I’m running out of trite metaphors, so I’ll just say it: not me, man. Not me. I wouldn't even know where to go to vote. I’m no sucker. I’m no dum-dum. Which IS a kind of sucker. And that can’t be a coincidence.
So I didn’t bother. I mean, choosing between Tweedlebama and Tweedlecain? Face it, dude: except for the economy, taxes, healthcare, defense, foreign affairs, Iraq, Iran, Afghanistan, the environment, abortion, civil rights, gay rights, education, and energy, their policies are EXACTLY THE SAME. They’re like these two SteelSeries Icemat Siberia In-Ear Headsets, if the candidates were both versatile, compact headsets designed for use with media players, laptops, gaming consoles, or Internet phones. In other words, identical.
And the whole lesser-of-two-evils thing? Yeah, pull my other one. And I don’t mean my other voting lever. Look at it this way: let’s say I could somehow figure out which of these two SteelSeries Icemat Siberia In-Ear Headsets were less evil. Maybe I could read auras or something, it doesn’t matter how. Point is, that less-evil one would still have an adjustable earphone and a unidirectional clip-on microphone.
And if that headset was elected president, it would still give me a bunch of hassle about turning my backyard into a commando-style combat marksmanship course, or setting up a stand outside the supermarket to sell my commando-style homebrew, or wearing my kilt in public commando-style (yeah, like Braveheart wore Fruit of the Looms). Believe me, I’ve lived through almost five presidents, and none of them did anything to make my lifestyle any easier.
Anyway, I got better things to do on a Tuesday in early November. It’s my busy time of year. Doing what? None of your business. But it’s a helluva lot more important than some BS about “the future of my country”. I mean, come on: we’re the awesomest, baddest-*** country in the history of the universe, and we always will be. It’s not like any other nations have ever fallen from greatness through the apathy of their citizens, am I right?

I know no one reads this thread anymore, I just noticed it the other day, but

*clears throat*

bull-horn.jpg

WOOT OFF

Woot off over, today a nice little deal on a ATI TV Wonder HDTV Tuner. $25 shipped. PCI or PCIe! I have the original and paid WAY more. :rolleyes:

Back