• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Thermaltake's at it again....

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
It's cetainly not going to be designed for overclocked CPUs. Sadly, that's the only real use for such technology.

Thermaltake angers me - an ignorant anger, though. Every time I see them it just reminds me of some dumbed down expensive item that just looks pretty.

QUOTE:

How thermo-electric effect reduces fan noise without compromising cooling
In a conventional air cooling unit (Figure 2), the CPU is in direct contact with the heat sink. If fan speed is reduced, the heat sink will become hotter. The CPU, which is in contact with the heat sink, will also become hotter.
In contrast, in a thermo-electric active cooling unit (Figure 1), the CPU is isolated from the heatsink by the thermo-electric unit (a solid-state heat pump). If fan speed is reduced, the heat sink will become hotter. But the thermo-electric unit continues to pump heat from the CPU to the heatsink. Noise can be reduced while maintaining the same level of cooling of the CPU. This is not possible with conventional air cooling.

What a Load of S*"t

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

lol check out these awesome temps from their site for K7 chips-

"Full stress, with front and rear case fan: 48°C
Full stress, with side fan: 46°C
Typical office work & idle: 45°C "

someone buy one and see if it actually works.... this sounds soo good but in reality it just cant be that good..

Doesn't look too impressive considering I am running overclocked with a not so fancy but ok heatsink and getting max temps of 42-45C.

I’m running a 1700+ Pally, a weak 6Cu HSF (not the + model) and all my case fans unplugged while I assemble my water-cooling rig. With this crappy cooling going on my CPU is at an abysmal 46C according to my EP-8RDA+, right about where this gimmick would put me. Course I only paid $11 for this cooler.

Last edited:
no, they make it sound like an awesome heatsink, but in reality it cant be, that graph shows the cpu below ambient, even with the fan speed lowered..

That does sound to me pretty damn cool if it works, so I would wait for reviews or comments from people that actually will fork down the $150 they are asking for before I pass judgement. Until then I just think is sounds good in paper.

Indeed it does look good on paper, and I've had the thought that it sure would be cool to have a TEC that could throttle up and down to keep the CPU temps low without making condensation. Interesting concept, but I'm skeptical, too. I'd try it for free though on an old 1800+ that I have. :)

WOW, and you get a PCI card that regulates the power to your CPU and Case Fans. I wouldn't plug that into my system for nothing nor would I trust that HS. But the name says SubZero! (WTH) They have a weird idea of below freezing temps.

Back