• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Waiting for work units

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
ok, that's encouraging... i was beginning to wonder =)
funny thing is my 166 box got a WU about 4 hours before the 1.4ghz box finished so the slow one has a WU but not this one =)

Ouch. It should be a good 12 ish hours before my WUs done and the problem should be fixed by then. I guess I'm making up for my units trashed yesterday in the format ;)

I had 3 without work earlier this morning, but now it is only 2 of them. One was finally able to get a WU after about 2-3 hours of trying. All 3 of mine are stuck on server 109, and I cannot figure out how to get them assigned to a different server. Any ideas?

portorock, you must have just gotten lucky because I have 3 machines hung on server 119 right now. I even shut down and restarted the client and none of them can get work.

I have been getting an inordinate number of queued work units lately, as well. They do seem to get sent eventually, but there have been more than usual as of late.

Well, it looks like the whole Stanford folding server setup is down now. I can't even get anything to open there, not even the home page on the main site.:( I guess some fool tripped over the extention cord that is running all their servers.:D

A little postage from Guhu.

chfosmk
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pande Group

Posted: Sat Jan 18, 2003 11:08 am Post subject: Stanford network problems getting fixed

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi,
I've been told that during a power changeover this morning, one of Stanford's main data centers lost power (I guess we should be glad this is a rare occurrence). They're working on shifting it over to another source (the local utility) and expect full service restored shortly, but until then, you may see some problems with downloads, etc. Sorry for any inconvenience.
-Guha

Back