• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

TBred B XP2100+ works GREAT on KT7 non-A without ANY mods!! Running at 2.3GHz now!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
7keys said:
I think this tool designed for previous chips. I couldn't get my bridge layout. also scratching a chip that might not work will cause a return issue. I tried to run with 1.45vcore, cleared cmos while chip is in and absolutely nothing happens.

Is this a mobile cpu problem or a barton core problem?
did anybody manage a barton work on this motherboard?

by the way this is cpu's specs
1800 MHz
OPGA Organic Pin Grid Array 1.45 Volt max. Temp. 100°C
512 KB L2 Cache 266 MHz Systembus (133 MHz FSB) x 13.5

You can use a wire mod to change the multiplier you don't have to cut the bridges or harm the cpu in any way.

Did you choose barton M and pick the multiplier you wanted..otherwise the bridge layout won't show.

If I remember correctly mine would not boot at 13.5 multiplier, I had to change it to 14.

Is the 2600+ workin?

I'm about to buy a Athlon xp 2600+. Makes it any difference if the proc is 266mhz or 333? Is it with both types possible to make it work with the remapped multiplier?

You have to buy the 266 version, because of the higher multiplier (16x).
The 333mhz version has only 12,5x of multiplier, not enought for the KT7(A) trick (you need at least 13x).

bassdabob said:
the 6800 does not run on a KT7. i tested several settings and different psu .
i have the latest bios. the support told me that this newer cards need to much current from the agp slot. the Kt7 has an older agp slot and will not do.
perhaps the voltage regulators could be modified but i do not know how. :(

the card always ran for some seconds and then the card reseteted itself and run again for some seconds... but when it ran it was dawn fast (doom3). :clap:

I had the same problem on my 9600 xt

Well am I glad I bought myself a nvidia 6600.

In my original system, (athlon 2400+XP KT7-R,768 mb SDRAM, Enermax psu)
I had an ati radeon, then I went and bought a ati 9600xt in march 2004.

This card had stability isssues,
but nevertheless I was able to boot up normally and play games like half-life2, which came free with the card :).
Of course when intensive gpu activity occurred either the gpu crashed or the system crashed...
Eventually, about after 10 months the card stopped working at all.

So using the guarantee, I went and replaced it with a nvidia 6600.
This card has an external plug where you have to plugin some extra power from the psu.

Now the system is pretty solid. I do not have the stability issues I had with the 9600xt, so that must have been the Agp power problem.

I still have some stability issues, but I mostly blame those on other factors, such as microsoft,the sdram's low quality, and because I upped the voltage a bit for usb to work as it should on the KT7,

Cheers,

Kahraman

hello

do you use a 6600 or 6600gt on the kt7? would be very interesting...

i heard of another guy that the 6600gt did not run on my old board!! :rolleyes:

bassdabob said:
hello

do you use a 6600 or 6600gt on the kt7? would be very interesting...

i heard of another guy that the 6600gt did not run on my old board!! :rolleyes:

I ve got the asus n6600/ TD/256 on my kt7 .

so not the GT version.
I hooked it up to a dell 20 inch lcd monitor.
It works fine..

bassdabob said:
ok because the 6600gt draws a lot more power i think!!
plus at the time it cost about 50-70 euros more..

as a matter of fact, it still costs about 60 euros more

Last edited:
I thought I would post my success story. I have a KT7E. It is in a work computer that I have set up. Since it is only used by other techs and myself for internet parts lookup, I have a pretty free hand in what I do with it. I run FAH on it and two other machines in the parts department.

To up my PPD, I thought I'd try upgrading the XP1600 to a 2100+. It is working fine. Unfortunately, because the CPU is locked (in spite of the fact I was told it wasn't when I traded my unlocked XP1700 for it) I have to leave the memory at 100 MHz. The multiplier is set at 20, 20x100= 2,000. It'd be nice to drop the multiplier and run it at 133, but it performs just fine as is. And FAH doesn't care about FSB.

Now, if I could just find a deal on an unlocked 2100, I could upgrade that A7V from its 1300 Athlon.

Holy thread resurrection, Batman. :)

j/k

I'm with ya' on continuing to spread the socket A love. Still many viable systems out there.

@ repo man11

A bit O/T but was that you that posted a picture of your dad, circa 1955 looking kinda' like James Dean? The old picture thread is gone; but that was *by far* it's best entry.

I only upgraded from socket A a few months back, good to know people are still running these chips.

My bro is still using a 2500 @ 2200Mhz on a MSI K7N2, he's upgrading to 939 next week though :p

Back