• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ummmmmmm what does this mean !!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

cozmo_d

Chek this out

Was setting up the bios to get back too another round of burning in & I decided to try to boot @ a lower cpu speed 1600+ & 100 fsb @1.85v

well it would not post @ all

so I tryed 1700+ with 133 fsb again @ 1.80v still no post (black screen)

So I tryed 1800+ with 133fsb/1.85v.... it posts & sayes the cpu speed is 2558 mhz What's that all about ?

it would not boot into windows @ that speed I just shut it off real fast when I seen the post results

between each post attempt I cleared the cmos for over 30 sec.

anyone ever seen this phenomana ??

I didnt try 1900+ or 2000+ kinda freeked me out

yes, the bios screen can be weird,sometimes after trying a bad setting on my Kd7 it will post at 1500 when I check the settings it says 100x12 which last time I checked doesn't =1500 but maybe my math is wrong, anyway after resetting parameters all is ok again, really weird though.

mamer

id say the bios is acting up and it and the cpu arent playing nicely.is a odd thing tho.but id think it should clear up after a cmos clearing.

Some more ideas

Hey-

On my system I know I've got a ****ty PSU. It started going to pot when I tossed a SCSI card into the box, and from that point onwards I don't always get a good boot- sometimes I have to hit the reset a few times to get it up and running.

I ought to check it with the new PSU but I frankly have been to lazy to interconnect them.

The other really odd thing about booting is - with this chip (the other half of a dual system) I can'tboot it warm- I have to shut off the power and then power on.... and then it boots.

Wierd, ehhh?

My guess is the '400 watt' (yeah right) isn't supplying enough juice... and the delay on the HD spinup is enough for the CPU to get powered up.

But it's all speculation :)

J

well I been monotoring my psu & its doing fine I had concerns tho as its only a 350w Sparkle Power but it seems to be doing ok

I was tempted to shag my buddies 430w antec its sitting in the corner waiting for more parts to arive :D

Back