• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

liquid cooling with alchahol???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TonyKlem

liquid cooling with alcohol???

hey i was thinkin would alcohol work better than water to liquid cool?? i would think so because its its freezing point is much lower than waters.... i dunno anyone try this before? lemme kno what you found or what you think

P.S. the Alcohol is %100 pure :D

i have a whole 2 gallons :clap:

Last edited:
a pint will evaporate in a week, mixed with water.

It will cool better for that amount of time then you
will have to add more.

So is it worth it?
Just use water wetter.
Save the hassels.

well how where is it gonna evaporate too? i dont use a resevoir, it just goes through pump, rad, tubing, blocks

http://forum.oc-forums.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=39039

This thread has some good advice on alternative liquids for WC loops.

Also, the first replier was right, alcohol does evaporate much faster than water and will find its way out of your system. It's a law of physics: no closed loops can be completely efficient. You WILL eventually lose the liquid in your system. That being said, most WC setups aren't particularly robust in terms of preventing evaporation.

no point anyways.. it's only plus would be that it freezes lower.. it's not better than water at cooling..

..and if it was worth it it wouldnt be that much of a problem to get something that wouldnt let the alcohol pass through into air for tubes..

if it's just straight ethanol(not denaturated or anything), i got a lot better use for it :D.

Back