• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Can I get 6000 3dmarks?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
It the menus I can go in are Main Advanced Security Power Boot and Exit

I did not see anything about chaning FSB/cpu speed in any of these. Any suggestions?

DO you have a newer motherboard, or an older one? New mobos have the overclocking features in there

My mobo is probably about 1 1/2 yrs old.. its an Intel 850/850E thats what it says in WCPUID, it's the mobo that came with my Gateway 700X. Maybe they hid the OC features?

I'm not sure what section mine has the overclocking features in and i'm too tired to restart and check lol, but tomorrow i might be able to help you out more than i can right now. I just saw ur from fresno, i'm from CLovis!! sweet!

I'm gonna go for tonight, but tomorrow i'll get back to you and see if i can help. Later bro

This system has the same card. Not over clocked it is just short of 7000. This system is a 2.8 p4 with 1/2 gig of DDR. Its not the card thats letting you down its your system. Try a defrag and getting rid of the progs you dont use on your system. This will increase your score a couple of hundred points.

i think it's the card. check my sig; i get 8000 3dmark with a bx/celeron...and an ati 8500. (although i am at 150fsb) you should blow that away, you just need a better card, either ti4200 or better, or r8500 or better. check the specs on nvidia page, the 440mx are not much better than gf2.

Im waiting til the GF FX/new radeon come out to upgrade...

I know this card isn't powerful, I'm just using it until I get a new one. I also have a gf2 Pro 32mb which I get like 4200 fps 3dmark stock..

So is my cpu/fsb locked? How can I OC it?

You should try and overclock that gf2, they're fun!!

but for your cpu, i don't think P4 are locked, thats only AMD (i think..........) there has to be somewhere in your BIOS where an option to change the fsb is... just look through everysingle thing and see if you find it lol

I don't know where they are.. someone was saying I'd have to flash my bios to get those options? man, intel should have made a tab just got overclocking purposes :D

When you start up ur computer, it should say something like "press delete to enter bios setup utility" or something like that. When ur computer starts up press delete and see if that does it, then look around

yea it does that, and it says main advanced security power boot exit.. i look through those things and cant find anything

hmmmm... maybe your motherboard just doesn't have overclocking features in it, or i might be wrong, but if you want to O/C you might have to get a new mobo :(

you could probably get more out of your computer if you reformatted it, but that might be a little drastic just for some 3dmarks. things that could make you have a higher score would be: deleting programs you don't use, cleaning the registry out, defragmenting, and cleaning your computer out (dust and dirty stuff) so that you might lower the temperature and be able to O/C your videocard more. you should try some of those things out :)

Reinstalling windoze would almost certainly do it- i usually gain abotu 400pts when I reformat.

Im 99.999% sure your mobo does not have oc features- didnt realize it was an oem computer- they usually cant overclock. There is a chance that you can download a program that will overclock via software- but its probably bettter to sit at stock.

If i was you i would delete programs u don't use, use something to clean out all the unnecessary things in your registry, and then defrag before you run it again. that will definitly get your score up, but will it go to 6G :eek:

Back