• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Can I get 6000 3dmarks?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Scant7

Current score: 5810
My system is in my sig... the GF4 440 I am currently using is at 279/459. I used RivaTuner to OC it. When I benched, in quality & Performance settings, I used Balance. When I tried using application, my score was in the 4000's, and when I used aggresive, it was about 5600. I used texture sharpening off, vzync off, aa off, midmap performance: best performance.
Would downloading cacheman help? OC the card even more? I don't want to OC my cpu/FSB.

If you have any tips please reply! Thanks!

oh.. heres a compare url
http://service.futuremark.com/compare?2k1=5666554

Will your cpu go any faster?
Will your ram do cas2?
Those are two things to try.
Remember that 3dmark is very memory bandwidth intensive.
Im sure you can do it if you are that close.

Why won't you OC your cpu/fsb??? That proc you have can probably reach the high 2 ghz and then you'd be racking up some major points! If your worried about damaging it, I would stop right now. Honestly though, I think overclocking a video card is much more dangerous than OCing a cpu...

Will your ram do cas2?

What is cas2?

This is why I don't really feel safe OC'ing my FSB/CPU... I don't know a lot of technical stuff about computers, althought I love messing around with them, and trying different things, since right now this is my only CPU, if I screw up.. Im pretty much screwed hehe. I once wanted to OC my FSB/CPU, but reading about it kinda made me change my mind...

If you guys think I should try, could you provide some helpful tips about speeding the settings of my ram/ or cas2 wutever that is :)

I mean, I've been in BIOS before and I've updated my BIOS before.. but never messed with FSB and such.

Thanks for the replies.

My score

I have a Athlon 900mhz @900 with 384mb pc133 with a Radeon 8500le clocked at 250 core 200 mem and I get 5294 in 3Dmark 2001se

I think you should defently get higer

This is why I don't really feel safe OC'ing my FSB/CPU... I don't know a lot of technical stuff about computers, althought I love messing around with them, and trying different things, since right now this is my only CPU, if I screw up.. Im pretty much screwed hehe. I once wanted to OC my FSB/CPU, but reading about it kinda made me change my mind...

Its really not as hard as many make it sound. To start out with- go into your bios and select a slightly higher fsb (like 135). I promose it will not cause any problems. Once you feel comfortable with that, inch it up untill it gets unstable or over 50c. A program called prime95 is usefull to see if your cpu is good to go at x speed. Simply overclocking your cpu will not destroy it- cpus will only get fried from high voltage or improper cooling mounting.

BTW- cas referes to the latency of the ram. Lower is better. You can set it in your bios. Try it- if it dosent work, just set it back- no harm done.

alright, my FSB right now is 100, you sure I can raise it to 135 w/o out any problems? If i make sure I don't raise the FSB too much, I won't have any instability will I?

Can you tell me where to go in BIOS to raise it? In BIOS Setup Utility right..

also.. where do I set cas/raise the cpu? I downloaded prime95.. I'm suppose to run it after I OC right? What am I looking for in the tests?

you will be able to set you cas latency in the bios as well as other ram timings. you will prolly be able to raise the fsb (being the only way to overclock your proc because the multiplier is locked) in the bios also, however this depends on the motherboard. you may have to change some dip switches on your motherboard, but prolly not. dont be afraid of your manual. prime95 will let you see if your computer is stable with the overclocked settings. not sure about what it actually does, some kinds of intense mathimatical stuff.

ps: another good way to check for stability is by running the seti client. check the link in my sigi :D

First off, I think nealric thought your fsb was 133 default. I looked at your scores and it said it was 100mhz, right? If it's 100 then you should only O/C it a little over 100, start out going like 104 fsb. I'm sure it will be fine like that and could go even higher. You want to make sure your CPU temperature isn't getting to high, you can use MBPROBE if you don't already have something to monitor it.

------> http://mbprobe.livewiredev.com/download.html

To change the fsb you have to go into your bios when you're starting your computer and look around in one of the categories and it will have an option to change the fsb and that good stuff.

Most important, make sure you don't overclock too much at first, just make sure it will work. ALSO, don't let your CPU temps get too high. if it's at 50C or lower it will be fine.

At first when I overclocked my p4 1.8A it barely could even do 2.2. After I used it a few more months (or maybe you could run PRIME95 some cuz you need to burn it in a little) it went up to 2.5Ghz.
GOOD luck!!

ok I downloaded that/installed it, when I open it, in system tray it says 109/43C then 111/not sure and it flashes red and beeps, mbprobe opens and it has a red dot next to +12V and says 0.00 next to +12V while all the others have numbers next to them. I uncheck +12V and Vccp2 which makes it beep. It says 43 but still has a red box around it.

Why did it beep, why dont I have numbers at +12V, and why did it beep at Vccp2, please explain any other info that I may need to know in 'simple terms' thanks :rolleyes:

I think its just not setup for your motherboard. There should be a few options. Its probably beeping because it thinks that the 12v line from your power supply is at 0v (which is obvioulsy not the case). Just ignore it is my advice. In overclocking, the 5v line is the only one that needs to be watched (under 4.8 will usually cause problems).
Since your are at 43c you should be good to go for ocing :)

lol well it tells me my voltages are off too and beeps, so I just turn those ones off because i know nothing is wrong with them. The red box is because the settings are set so it will beep at that temperature. You need to click on properties and go to the temperatures tab and change the settings on it. For my CPU i have it set at 52 for warning and 55 for critical.

Well, computer booted up, hit delete, went to Bios setup utility, and couldnt find it

On the MAIN screen it says proc speed and system bus speed : 400MHz but I am unable to select them, they are in gray and unselectable.

Am I in the right area? How do I change them?

Is that what it says right when you enter the BIOS? if it is, you're going to have to go into some other areas and looks around, there should be something....

Back