• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My h2o setup!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

undertow

Registered
Ok, well it's finally done. Here's the setup thus far:
DSCF0015.JPG

That's 80mm fan was temporary, it's been replaced with a 120mm PanaFlo. :)

A few more shots and closeups can be found here.

So, any ideas of ways to further cool? I'm not all that impressed with the cooling factor, although I *love* how quiet it is.. :)

Currently, my temps are at 44*C@Idle. My VCore is @ 1.68V, honestly, I had better temps with my SK-7. I figure I'm not cooling my radiator enough.. my next step is a peltier, unless anyone has a better idea? :)

Well remember you will never cool below ambient. If that is a 8RDA+ mobo then it does not report true temps. What have you done to the front of the case to allow air in? I have the same case. Also that 80mm fan does not help nor not having shroud or shrouds.

DodgeViper said:
Well remember you will never cool below ambient. If that is a 8RDA+ mobo then it does not report true temps. What have you done to the front of the case to allow air in? I have the same case. Also that 80mm fan does not help nor not having shroud or shrouds.

Well, as I said.. I no longer have that 80mm, I now have a 120mm Panaflo. Also, there is a shroud.. look carefully. Yes, it is an 8RDA+.. I hate the temp sensor on this thing. :(

Wots wrong with the temp sensor on the 8RDA+, does it read high? low? Cos mine sits @ 30c idle and 34c load, these sound right for my set up, but i would like to know for peace of mind sake. Thanks,

MDA.

MDA said:
Wots wrong with the temp sensor on the 8RDA+, does it read high? low? Cos mine sits @ 30c idle and 34c load, these sound right for my set up, but i would like to know for peace of mind sake. Thanks,

MDA.

The board reads on the low side. My board say the case temps are 15c when in fact the case temps are 25c. Loaded my CPU reported 25c. Look at my sig for my spec's. In MBM5 I have made adjustment to have the temps report to what I think is closer to the real temps base on what my Fluke reported from the same area of the case sensor.

8RDA+ does not read ON DIE nor is there a sensor inside the socket. Epox choose to read the temps on a pin within the socket and its a total failure on their part.

dagamore said:
i think they are m&m, the peanut kind you can get around halloween :)_

You're correct, sorta. They are M&M's, but not Halloween ones. They're custom colored M&M's my wife gave me. Black, Red and Pink. :)

DodgeViper said:
8RDA+ does not read ON DIE nor is there a sensor inside the socket. Epox choose to read the temps on a pin within the socket and its a total failure on their part.

I have a Hardcano, that came with my case.. is that worth a crap for reading temps? Or is a Digidoc better? I'd hate to think that my 43*C is in reality, higher.. I've noticed, that with the latest BIOS update, my temps have read a little higher.. perhaps they're a little more accurate now?

I see you have REV 1.1. Maybe Epox made a change in the mobo to read the temps more accurate from rev 1.0 to 1.1. I have not read this though. In bios my cpu temps are 25c of which I know are not true.

DodgeViper said:
What Bios are you using? I am currently using C10. I tried C31 but did not like my O/C. What Rev MOBO do you have?

Rev 1.1, BIOS: 8RDA3117.BIN (9300). Just released @ AOAForums.com (it's official, so it should be @ EPoX as well).

As for switching from my radiator to a heatercore, are there any that share similar dimensions to the Aquacoil.. rather, anything that will fit inside the case, preferably in the same location as the Aquacoil. Also, if I intend to get a peltier, is it even worth getting a heatercore.. wouldn't the radiator suffice then?

DodgeViper said:
You could go read my thread as you have the same case I have. CLICK

With the Chevette heatercore, is it necessary to attach new barbs, or can you use the ones it comes with? The reason I ask, is I can pick one up locally for $28. If I have it shipped from D-tek, it will be $40 (shipped).

Back