• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

3d accelation problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

tainice

i had cat 3.0 and direct9x installed for about 2 weeks, then i encountered some problems in games, so i decided to 2.5 a try. i went on as usual, uninstall, defrag, install...then i noticed i couldn't get any of my games running. using diagdx, i found out that my direct3d funcationality was not available:eek: k, checked under bios, nothing wrong. i was on my wits end...so i started to fooled around radeon control panel, to my amazement, AGP speed was setted to off, and so as fast write. I enbaled everything, reboot..same thing. the darn things are still off. btw, i tried to go back to 3.0 driver again, no go. anyone?

i'm 8500LE user, 'n i have some problems with cat3 & dx9...
ok, you have dx9 gpu, i haven't...

so you need a fresh (os, driver 'n dx) installation,
and don't forget 2 check new drivers...
(ok, ati sells us cheaper vga, but drivers not stabile as nv)

actually, i noticed the same problem while my 8500 was still with me. both agp and fast write were off, but i could run everything fine...well, guess i finally find myself a reason to sell the card and move on to 9700pro or fx series:) cuz i don't want to reinstall os!!

you may have run into the smartgart blues.ati's drivers are fine except for that utility.to isolate that problem and if you haven't done anything to your system yet try this work around.First make sure fastwrites is off in control panel and your bios then run the smart utility by typing smartgart in the start=run box. When it pops up turn on agp writes or whatever is turned off but don't reboot.You will have to do this evrytime you reboot but try playing your games then.

the truth is, i already put da card on sell, cuz the problem is so out of hand, i cannot even uninstall display driver anymore. now i am just usin' my good old g3 and waiting for my card to be sold. thanks everyone, but i cannot wait to jump on the gfx wagon:)

Back