• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AthlonXP 2500+ AQUCA ?????

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I don't know if it is a Barton or not if it is someone in one of the plants in Tailand or where ever it is had to have pocketed it off the assemly line or out of packaging where they work because it certainly hasen't been released yet, I can get those type of benchmarks at the stock speed it was running in sandra with my chip so it doesn't look to special, I've never seen that stepping before ever so I can't comment on that. they definately have one h*ll of a cooling rig on that cpu to push 2.15v threw it and get the bus speed that high, My 2600/333 was stable at 2507 or 2508mhz somewhere around there on air and I was pushing 1.9v and getting benchmarks that blew away the 3000+XP, It was thinking it had to be a 3250+XP to have that kind of Bandwidth its in my post I have on the front AMD OC page about my 2600 on air after I hard coded it. So the benches don't look that impressive if you ask me I was running prime and writing my post back to waldow at the same time at 13.5x185 whatever that comes out to I'd have to look back at the post. the only reason that I'm still not running there is because I corrupted my harddrive at those bus speeds and I didn't want to have to buy a new chip before I get the swift-tech hsf MCX462+T w/ peltier built in running those voltages, I'm a smart OC'er not a stupid one that want to lose all my data I have and have to reformat and install windows every other day.

Edit: you two said exactly what I was saying but I took the long version as to explain my thoughts.

id say it might be a real deal.
but the extra L2 isnt making up that much as it looses mhz in pr and isnt doing the work it should.what i mean by that is its lower mhz given its a 2500+ is 1837 and the extra L2 doesnt make up for 200+ loss in mhz.

if thats the real oc's its doing id take it as those are great doing 2700mhz.
i guess we will see whats up soon,

They are doing 2700 at 2.15v give me that cooling setup and I'll get my 2600 there no problem they are also using killer ram...

Back