• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Downloading Part of a File Now...the Rest Later

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Garfield

Is there a way to download part of a file now and then the rest later? I'm on dial-up and this file is 7.5 meg and It'll take about an hour to download it and I don't think I have a consecutive hour to do it. Could I split up the downloading?

THanks! :D

TR

Yes I know that DAP(Download Acclerator Plus) will work. Because even thought Im on DSL I download hugh files like 100 to 200 mbs so I like to stop them and resume later I highly suggest DAP!

I'l agree to either of those two programs. I used getrite when I had dialup. I'm not sure of the size, but it was worth it. The ability to resume transfers after an accidental disconnect saved me a few times. Download accelerator pro is probably better than getrite though, I use it now with broadband. Get DAP if you can, whatever the size, you will be happy.

Back