• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SoftQuadro4 howto [Retired sticky]

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
PatrickEHenry said:
dude, awesome thread. I will be giving this a try soon. Im going to build a dually althon rig in the upincoming months with my 4400.

Any updates?

sorry im abit out on my hardware why do u want to mod into a Quadro? what dose it do and what are the Benefits?

DrSpanky said:
sorry im abit out on my hardware why do u want to mod into a Quadro? what dose it do and what are the Benefits?

cruc1fy said:
OpenGL boosts. If you do any sort of solid modeling, 3D rendering, etc., you will see significant gains by using SoftQuadro. When I soft-modded my card, I got an average performance boost of 100% in SpecViewPerf (professional-grade video card benchmarker).

Re: SoftQuadro4 howto

and then from the pull-down menu next to Professional Quadro capabilities choose force on. Click OK. It will prompt you to restart. DO NOT restart yet.

here is where my problem lies...

instead of saying "NVStrap Open GL settings"

and

"Professional Quadro capabilites"

in RIVATUNER in the Low-level system tweaks...

mine says this instead:

"PCI DeviceID settings"

and

"Graphics adapter identification"

and

I don't have the option in the pull down menu to "force on"

I know I did everything right up until this point...

I am thinking that maybe Asus cards can't do this....

I have an Asus V8240S Ti4200

Any help would be appreciated

update:

i now have a Quadro4 700 XGL video card with all the trimmings...

i converted my Asus Ti4200 V8420S 128mb 3.3ns RAM card into it!!!

thanks a lot cruc1fy!!!

it turns out the problem was the version of Rivatuner I was using---must have been to new because it didn't have the same menu at the end in NVStrap Driver section...

the version you sent me worked great!

and you're not going to believe this but my 3dmark2001 score went from 10400 to 11300!!! a lot of the increase in the score was in the nature benchmark...went from 58fps to 78fps...

anyway thanks again!

Well to my suprise after applying this mod, my 3Dmark01 score has gone from 9.3k to 10.3k. A healthy improvement. Still doesnt account for the low score I still have!

best tactic i do on my home pc for max is install the QUADRO hack, then install the latest forceware. So when i need to do max i just rollback drivers and whenn needed reinstall forceware. Works perfect for me and takes all of what 1 minute?!

great tutorial cruc1fy, worked flawlessly for me, I have the geforce 2 mx/mx 400 by chaintech, it was at default speeds, but now I've put it to 225 core, 186 mem, anyone else have good results on OC'ing this card on stock HSF? I'm getting a new one for X-mas so I'll try higher after then.

not really sure how high I have to go before I start seeing any "noticeable" difference. as I'm a gamer and benchmarks mean nothing to me.

Would coolbit still work after the softquadro hack? I mean will i be able to overclock my card after the hack? I'm using coolbits right now.

Thanks

DayUSeX said:
best tactic i do on my home pc for max is install the QUADRO hack, then install the latest forceware. So when i need to do max i just rollback drivers and whenn needed reinstall forceware. Works perfect for me and takes all of what 1 minute?!

what type of performance gain to you get in the 3d GFX area with this hack over a regualr card?

gusgizmo said:
just wondering, is it possible to flash the bios of a geforce card to make it a quadro permantly?

It's more than a BIOS flash. It invovles a resistor mod as well.

It is possible to hardware mod the card, though.

MameXP said:
Would coolbit still work after the softquadro hack? I mean will i be able to overclock my card after the hack? I'm using coolbits right now.

Thanks

I don't remember what importing coolbits does to display settings with the modified driver set (don't know if clockspeed settings will show up - I'll check when I get home). You can still overclock with RivaTuner, though, so the registry key probably works.

I've noticed that when doing the SQ hack, I loose my DirectX capabilities (as I imagine you would since a quadro is an OGL card). With the GF2 GTS I have, 3DMark01 won't even startup as the GF2 is a DX7 card. Is there anyway to use the SQ hack and still keep my DX capabilities, or altermately is there a way I can easily switch between the two without reinstalling drivers and going through that whole process?

Metalwave said:
I've noticed that when doing the SQ hack, I loose my DirectX capabilities (as I imagine you would since a quadro is an OGL card). With the GF2 GTS I have, 3DMark01 won't even startup as the GF2 is a DX7 card. Is there anyway to use the SQ hack and still keep my DX capabilities,

I haven't run into that problem. I've done it to the same card (2GTS->Q2Pro) but I can still run 3DMark01 and get almost the same results

Metalwave said:
or altermately is there a way I can easily switch between the two without reinstalling drivers and going through that whole process?

I don't think so unless there's some functionality in Windows that I am unaware of.

I use Symantec Ghost to switch between computer builds. It takes maybe 20 minutes, but it's easy and it might be worth looking into.

Back