• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SoftQuadro4 howto [Retired sticky]

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
This works perfect for me, but when I go to play counter-strike, it freezes in just about 5 seconds every time. I have a ti4600... and no it's not because it's overheating or overclocked too much. If I play w/ DirectX, it doesn't crash, but as soon as I switch to OpenGL, and start a game, it crashes every single time.

Any suggestions?

I just wanted to let you folks know that the softmod does work on g4mx's. mine is recognized as a quadro 550 xgl. I haven't checked my opengl framerates yet... but I'll get back to you for results.

can you tell us more about the quadro hard-mod for 5xxx series cards? i would like to do this on my linux box, as it uses opengl exclusively.

Im struggling here. I look at loading an rts file as instructed but the button 3 from the left as described doesnt load rts files.

Its for loading presets or somthing like that.

Im looking for version rc12 but to no avail. using rc15 and 14 .

gingaaar said:
Im struggling here. I look at loading an rts file as instructed but the button 3 from the left as described doesnt load rts files.

Its for loading presets or somthing like that.

Im looking for version rc12 but to no avail. using rc15 and 14 .

Heh, done it alt last! i used the open patch scripts from the start menu.

I got an extra 15fps on the 3dmark 2001, truing it now on fresh install with direct x 9.c installed.

Problem? Yes. Shrek 2 and Harry Potter do play faster as a normal ti4200.

Hoping to get this fixed.

AS for advacned features can anyone advise me on whats worth switching on and what isnt?

Thanks.

Ging.

Just did this with a GF4 Ti4200, works great. Is there anyway though, to use the latest drivers, as im sure there are MANY more resolutions and enhancements that we are missing, using such dated drivers.

Just wondering I used collbits to OC my nVIDIA GeForce4 Ti 4200 with AGP8X (Asus V9280) video card. Got like 3% gain in performance. I am now interested in this. It seems like my card should work. My qustions are though, one what is this excaly? two will it help my gaming performance? Or just becnh perfomance? Thanks for any help

Tenchi, basically, this is a mod to change a standard Geforce card to the Quadro 4. The Quadro is not aimed towards gamers or standard users, but more for 3D artists who do things like game development, 3d Movie Creation (pixar, for example), etc etc. It will boost the OpenGL performance received from your card, because OpenGL is the standard for commercial applications for said topics (3dsMax, Maya, XSI, Lightwave, Bryce, etc). If a game focuses on OpenGL, you might get a boost from this, but it does not hold any advantages for D3D.

hey guys, i gotta nvidia GeForce 5700LE

couple questions

1. how does this compare to doing the resistor mod? anything at all?
2. linux, how does this work? im assuming since this is a softmod, linux will see it as a gaming card and not a quadro?
EDIT
3. Does this allow us max users to use this?

http://www.pny.com/support/downloads/MaxtremeManual.pdf

4. how new of drivers can i try this on? does it have to be 41.09? any updates?

Last edited:
Alright, since no one responded, had to find out for myself.

first off, i did get the 71.xx drivers to work, and they work better than the non-detonator ones....yea i get the fatal error on my standard drivers, meh , whatever.

there is a list of apps to choose from, many ive never heard of...but for once, using OpenGL in 3dsmax RULES!! has presets for combustion, aefx, maya, lightwave, xsi..etc

EDIT: my method was different from the original post. RivaTuner no longer has the Open patch script button...would you guys be interested in me updating this?

Last edited:
i cant seem to find the 4600 -> quadro 4 hardware mod link
anyone help a fellow lightwaver out 8]

Back