Disabled

Looking for a reccomendation for video editing software

My friends and I go sking a lot, and we record digital clips with my digital camera... but I am basically looking for a nice program for a windows pc that will let me do some nice effects between clips and dub music over... chop the videos up... you know all the fun stuff.

Oh yeah it also needs to be fairly easy to use

Thanks,
    Koby

well, if you don't wanna spend any money, and you have Windows XP or ME, you can use Windows Movie Maker (free, comes with Windows the above versions of Windows). If you don't have XP/ME, then you could check out MGI's Videowave suite, I hear it's pretty complete and good. go to www.mgi.com to check it out.
    The only thing you should expect is the unexpected.

Disabled
    well money is not a big deal, just whatever is the best... i will look at windows video editior... i forgot about it
    yeah i have a xp too.

For something like this, I think Movie Maker will suit you fine and nothing beats free.

Z
    Server- Mobile 2400+ on NForce2 at 1600MHz with 512MB RAM and integrated GeFore4 MX graphics
    Laptop- TiBook (PowerBook) 867 MHz G4 with 768MB RAM and 40GB HD
    Desktop- Xeon 1.6 (D1) x2 @ 3GHz, NCCH-DL, 1GB Patriot, 450GB, Radeon9500NP, TruePower 550EPS and Coolermaster heatpipes

Adobe Premiere is what i use with my Sony TRV-27
    -

That's expensive

Z
    Server- Mobile 2400+ on NForce2 at 1600MHz with 512MB RAM and integrated GeFore4 MX graphics
    Laptop- TiBook (PowerBook) 867 MHz G4 with 768MB RAM and 40GB HD
    Desktop- Xeon 1.6 (D1) x2 @ 3GHz, NCCH-DL, 1GB Patriot, 450GB, Radeon9500NP, TruePower 550EPS and Coolermaster heatpipes

i got adobe premiere but i dont know how to use all of it yet not difficult but you need to spend lots of time with it to be able to know how and what it can all do(which is alot)

Got an older free version of Adobe Premier from a Comp. Mag CD...works great, pretty intuitive interface.