• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

REV. 2.0 Micro "PYRAMID" pins. (pics)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jaydee116

Registered
Just as well spam this here to.

No points for using common hand tools here.
001.jpg

002.jpg

003.jpg

004.jpg

Pyrmid style pins that are 1/16" at base and 1/32" at top. I have a 1/4" peice of acrylic for a spacer for water flow and a 1/4" peice for the top peice. the depth of the pins are .030". Base is 1/8" aluminum (lack of copper). All I can tell you is it only took about 15mins.

Will finish soon. Any guess's on what type of equipment I used to achive that base in less than 15mins? Wasn't my CNC mill.

I'm betting it's forged or rolled into there (similar to knurling). Definately looks like it's a formed process.

Last edited:
NeoMoses said:
I'm betting it's forged.
Nope, but I will tell you it was run at 16,000+ RPM and the machine cost around $14,000 US and it isn't a CNC mill but is similar and computer controlled.

NeoMoses said:
did you use a CNC lathe with a milling attachment?
Nope. I use this machine everyday at work. I did the acrylic peices with the lazer there.

MEAT TENDERIZER....i dunno
good job, but dont you think deeper groves would do better?

wow dude, I love it! what happened to the way you had it before? angled on a 2x2 peice? and is there any jet there?

Back