• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

damn bubbles

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

y0bailey

alright my damn system has more bubbles than anyhting ive ever seen. i coulda swore i did everything rigth and ran it for 2 days with it open for air to escape. the water is basically white with all the millions of little bubbles. could this be bacause i put in too much waterwetter (I forget the name of mine but its a car product). or any suggestions? i filled it by using a waterbottle and slowly pumping it around the system and by submersing the pump. it worked well after i submersed it but after a min or 2 the bubbles returned. any suggestions?

If you put watter wetter or an equal in the sytem and mixed it with air, the best thing to do it to turn the system on for a few seconds then let it rest for a few. Otherwise the watter wetter gets all foamy and then its impossible to bleed the system. Depending on where you have your T line at, it could take many days in order to bleed the line. Make sure you are putting water in the T line to replace the air, otherwise the air will stay since nothing is taking its place in the tube.

I added 2 drops of Jet-Dry: it made the water clear again, but it turns out that the bubbles just ended up being much smaller.

Are you certain that you don't have an air leak? Especially at the pump inlet...(res or in-line)

yeah, double check for miniscule leaks everywhere in the system, especially in the pump inlet area. one of the issues with water wetter using a T-line setup is that it tends to do its job so well that the bubbles are not allowed to swirl and cavitate in the line. sometimes the pressures can cause the stream of bubbles that you see to miss the T area and it can take a LONG time to bleed fully. this is the case with my own system sadly. but be SURE there arent any leaks in the system. if you ahve a blacklight available, you can shine it on the system in the dark, and any dried water wetter containing drips from leaks will show up light yellow/whiteish... good luck

i got it finally..thanks for the help...i just started all the way over again and made sure i put a little less water wetter in...no more bubbles. but i did manage to chip my CPU in the process.... my overclocking has gone to **** and the temps are high. oh well i guess its time to get rid of this 1700+...it was one of the first ones ever made.

Back