Intel Speed-binning

I have a question.. Anybody here know what percentage is tested of any given batch during manufacture? Any information that could be provided would certainly be appreciated, thanks!

Senior @ss
    There is a member here who goes by the name of Hawk (I think) who works at Intel. If he doesn't manage to work his way across this thread it might be worth a PM to him.

I highly doubt this information is known to all but a select group of Intel employees, and I bet it is also highly classified...
    Desktop:
    Intel C2D E6700 @ 2.67Ghz / TR AXP-140 | Asus P5W DH Dlx | Corsair TwinX 4Gb PC6400 CL4
    Nvidia 8800 GTS 640Mb / TR HR-03 | Creative X-Fi
    2x WD Raptor 150Gb | Plextor PX-760SA
    Lian Li V2000 Plus | Corsair HX620
    Dell 2407WFP | Logitech Z-5500

Laptop: Sony VAIO Z11
    Intel i5-520M | 4Gb | Nvidia GT330M | 2x64Gb RAID-0 SSD | 13" 1600x900 panel

Do you mean what percentage of chips are tested vs not tested at all? That's no big secret, 100% of all chips get tested before shipping.

100% may get tested but that would be - only - to see if they work.I am in QA department (not intel) and there are standards that everybody uses and I can tell you that less than 1% get fully tested.

Thanks for the replies to one and all. I was a bit vague in my question, but the info you have all given me has been helpful to me despite my poor phrasing.

I was specifically interested in the number of processors per thousand (or whatever unit of measure used) are selected to determine the speed of the entire batch. I seem to recall that 1% were fully tested to QA the batch, but couldn't locate my source, and am not sure whether this is indeed accurate.

I may try the pm route for Hawk, and as long as I'm not requesting sensitive information I'll post my findings in this thread in the event I discover anything concrete.

Once again, thanks to all of you for responding to my query, it is much appreciated!

I don't know of any major chip-makers that do speed binning per batch. Speed binning is almost always done on a per-chip basis. And to do that, you have to test every chip.