• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Velocity Titanium Water Pumps

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
nikhsub1 said:

I have the MD-15R, great pump and it only consumes 31W, only 3 more than the 1250...

I'd like to know where you get the "31W" from. If you go HERE and then use the drop down menu to see "Polypro Curves & Specs" you can see they rate it as .82 Amps. Maybe they have a typo on their page, I dunno. But that one spec really jumped out at me. All the other specs look nice to me, specially in relation to the size of the pump. Just trying to get a bit of clarification before buying one.

peace.
unloaded

edit: something stranger, if you hit the Metric button for specs it lists the MotorOutput(Watts) as 10W for the 15 series and 20W for the 20 series pumps. If its drawing that much power (.82A) and only converting 10W to motor power, it seems like there would be a buncha heat. Is yours hot when you touch it? I seem to be getting more confused instead of less 8/

Last edited:
UnLoadeD,

Did you read my earlier post discussing why determining the pump's power consumption isn't possible by knowing the current and voltage alone?

The current draw isn't really a concern unless you are on the verge of blowing a circuit breaker. (Or, unless your are running 100 of these pumps or so, in which case the power company will want to jack your rates up due to the Power Factor of your electrical usage.)

Since87 said:
UnLoadeD,

Did you read my earlier post discussing why determining the pump's power consumption isn't possible by knowing the current and voltage alone?

The current draw isn't really a concern unless you are on the verge of blowing a circuit breaker. (Or, unless your are running 100 of these pumps or so, in which case the power company will want to jack your rates up due to the Power Factor of your electrical usage.)

Yes I read that, but as you can see, I don't have numbers to throw into your equations. What I want to know is how hot the pump is while its running. I'm worried about the heat dumped into the water. While I was leak testing my setup, runing my AquaVia pump and no fan, the rad got warm to the touch within an hour or so, and that was starting out with cold water. Also the pump was inline, not submerged. And because there is such a big difference in the power ratings between the model I'm interested in and the ones above/below it, I'm concerned about it acting like a water heater.

peace.
unloaded

Since87 said:

Volenti,

Did you find a way to run your pump at 60Hz?

I havn't tried, I'm happy with it's current performance, when I get my new athlon cpu/mobo I'll start to play with some impingment design waterblocks, I'll see how it copes with them.

on the heat issue with the iwakies, I was using a 70w submersable pump in my evaporative setup before I got the md20rz, within a couple of hours (large res volume) I dropped 2 degrees in water temp, simply from changing pumps.

Back