• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help!!!!! i think i broke my new epox 8rda+

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

drewthomas14

i tried to boot and it says bios rom checksum error
then detecting floppy drive a media
then drive a error.system halt. i don't know what happened. i tried booting at i think it was 199x9.5 or 10 and then my sys rebooted and now this. i dont have a floppy drive on this computer. i took one out of my old one to flash the bios. do i need to flash the bios. i hope i didnt break it

**** **** **** help help help. im trying to flash bios but it is not working it says programming flash memory but nothing is happening. omg this is my first computer i spent all my money on it. i feel sick. what do i do . it says not to turn off power,but nothing is happening

first... calm down...

try to boot with 100mhz fsb first.. to see if you can get in the bios... also clear your cmos first...

if you dun have a floppy drive... disable floppy drive seek on boot in the bios

it doesnt go to anything ,but a black screen that says bios rom checksum error. i dont really know how to clear cmos. i moved the jumper from the original position. and then i turned on the machine. then i held start button till it shutdown and then i put the jumper back in place and started up again

drewthomas14 said:
i tried to boot and it says bios rom checksum error
then detecting floppy drive a media
then drive a error.system halt. i don't know what happened. i tried booting at i think it was 199x9.5 or 10 and then my sys rebooted and now this. i dont have a floppy drive on this computer. i took one out of my old one to flash the bios. do i need to flash the bios. i hope i didnt break it

Perhaps your BIOS is corrupted. :confused:

About your floppy drive--if you can get into your BIOS there is a setting to tell it to disable floppy drive detect when it first starts up.

i cant get into the bios at all. how would it have gotten corrupted? i have a floppy drive i can use but when i try to flash it doesnt do anything when it says programming flash memory

drewthomas14 said:
i cant get into the bios at all. how would it have gotten corrupted? i have a floppy drive i can use but when i try to flash it doesnt do anything when it says programming flash memory

Sometimes it does take a while for it to reprogram the BIOS.
Personally, I can't think of anything else that would cause it to do this. :mad: :eek: :confused: :confused: If we can't come up with anything here, call epox, or get an RMA. :)

ill try waiting but it didnt take this long before. the led code is 91. i dont know what that means. this is a **** ty thing to happen on my birthday

drewthomas14 said:
ill try waiting but it didnt take this long before. the led code is 91. i dont know what that means. this is a **** ty thing to happen on my birthday

For 96-92h in my 8RDA+ manual, all it says is "reserved" so I can't help you there. :(

edit: Drew, happy 15th birthday. :D :bday:

Everything will get fixed! We won't allow a mobo to go bad on your b-day. :)

drewthomas14 said:
i hope its just the mobo, and not the cpu.

Any beeps? Any weird smells? If so then it might be your CPU. :( I've had that happen before, it sucks. :( Do you have any other computers that you could test this chip in?

Good god man calm down the clear cmos is buy the LED unplug it and move the the jumper over one pin and then back to the original spot that should clear the Cmos then go in and set it to defalt setting and start the computer it should be OK RickD

Back