• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need a good cheap case for watercooling

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TheFrag

I have a case, but I want a new one to hold water cooling. It needs to be cheap though. I figured that the watercooling gurus would know what to look for more than the case and PSU people, so I posted it here.

basically, I just want a cheap, doesnt matte rhwo it looks, case for watrercooling. I am gonan use a heat shroud from acar most liklely, so that will be external since it is so big. because of this, is it possible to use a mid tower? Thnx.

TheFrag said:
I have a case, but I want a new one to hold water cooling. It needs to be cheap though. I figured that the watercooling gurus would know what to look for more than the case and PSU people, so I posted it here.

basically, I just want a cheap, doesnt matte rhwo it looks, case for watrercooling. I am gonan use a heat shroud from acar most liklely, so that will be external since it is so big. because of this, is it possible to use a mid tower? Thnx.

Try directron.com. Look for those cheap steel full towers. Be a pain with a dremmil though but it will work.

some midtower. I was thinking I could maybe relocate my HDD with brackets into a 5 1/2 bay and cut off all other 3 1/2 things, leaving somewhat a lot of room and putting the pump there, assuming it would be wide enough, and a radiator above it or on the side of my case.

ya, i want my floppy to die. I think I will make boot CDs and start using my USB flash stick thingy.....

anyway, how exactly is your laid out? ie--- pump placement, cor eplacement, etc.... also, do you use a resevoir? if so, where di u fit it? Do you have anything external? If possible, pics would be great.

I think I am gonna get all my watercooling stuff, mod my case to fit it, and if it dont fit, then I wont have a case untill a new one comes.

Liss said:
btw frag.. where you from?

i am actually in California,, USA, but I was born in Canada and am a dual citizen. I am gonan need to get a passport and it is prolly gonna be a Canadian one.

GoingH2o said:
and how much is that gonna run me most likely?

Also- does that Matrix Dragon case have a removeable mobo tray? That is a deffinent good thing. I plan on water cooling but I dont think I will have the money right away. I will have only like 60 bucks after I get this new mobo i plan on buying. Then I will start saving or maybe dip into my cash :cool:

Back