• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

fanles heatercore?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Intrepid

I have a very big heatercore, about 6in X 11in and it it meant to have air blown acros it, not through it. could I jsut hoock that thing up with no fans to my P4? all I will be W/Cing is the CPU so would it dissapate enough heat into the air w/o any fans blowing acros it? the fins are thiner and close together than the ones on the HHC-001 or other thin-fin heatsinks, and it is totaly aluminum.

And besides it's a P4, it will just underclock if it does get that hot. :D Has anyone tried it this way before?

Another idea
I had was a full sized radiator like in a car (about 3 feet each way) hanging on the outside wall of your room. only problem is during summer you would need to switch to a system inside the home with a small heatercore and some fans, but for winter it would be nice.

someone just posted:

p4t533-c pentium 1.6 (140 fsb)
1.9 vcore 2.7 vrimm

stock fan cooling
39c idle/63c loaded

mcw5000-pt
7c idle/ 18c loaded

measured with asus probe
(yea i know it not totally accurate)
no radiator (just a pump in a bucket)

I accidently forgot to plug the fan on my Chevette heatercore and my temps were about 10c above case temps... I dunno if this'll help you or not. Just try it.. make sure you have some temp monitoring programs loaded... :)

Back