• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Toooo Hot?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Terry595

Registered
Have I got a problem?

Having killed a board and chip yesterday.........i have just got a MSI K7N2G mobo and 2400+. CPU temp is 50 from cold boot going up quickly to 65/66....System temp is 37.

I spoke to tech help at retailer and he said it was fine, but i'm still not sure..........don't want to RIP another CPU.

Terry

i'm not getting any problems wotso ever, i have tried a volcano 9 coolmod, but made no difference to temp so put AMD back on. im abit nervous of volcano 9 cos that how i rip'd last chip.took the corner off of the core.

i have a standard system fan at front (intake), same at rear (exhaust) and same again on side (exhaust). room temp around 17c

I have an aphla 8045 on a xp2000 and i average 30c or 94f, my case tem is around 17c as well.

Those temps (65c) are way to high. I just killed an 2100 a month ago by using stupid copper shim. I recomend an Alpha heatsink and fan from newegg. Just my opinon.help me out and click me

im getting problems now system has been on a while........hanging. i have turned the side fan around to intake and cpu temp has dropped to 57

thanx 4 your help, problem solved..........was down to a bad batch of motherboards. gone back to msi kt4 ultra.

2400+ @ 2.21 running at 43c under load

Back