• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

hoses and stuff

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DeathONator

What are the best kinds of hoses? What should I be looking for? If I have the choise of having a 1/2 or 3/8 tubing should I go with 1/2"?

Tygon is nice but expensive. Other types of PVC tubing such as Clearflex and UltraKleer are just as good for PC watercooling, and are much cheaper. In theory 1/2" tubing is better to use than 3/8" tubing, but you won't see much of a difference in today's systems. However, if you have a very High-flow pump (600 gph or more) the differences start to become more noticeable.

What are the best kinds of hoses? What should I be looking for? If I have the choise of having a 1/2 or 3/8 tubing should I go with 1/2"?

3/8" or 1/2" Tubing inside diameter doesn't make any difference in temps if you insert the tubing over 1/2"OD barbed fittings.
I certainly agree with NeoMoses... use 1/8" wall thickness...
If you decide to use 3/8"ID tubing over 1/2"OD barbed fittings, then go with premium quality tubing such as ClearFlex60. If you insert the end of the tubing in to boiled, hot water you can easily insert it over 1/2"OD barbed fittings and this also creates a very snug fit. I don't even use any clamps with 3/8"ID ClearFlex 60 or Tygon R-3603 over 1/2"OD barbs.

But if you go with 1/2"ID tubing over 1/2"OD barbs, definitely use clamps though.

Back