• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What type of tubing do you use?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

What type of tubing do you use?

• Vinyl

Votes: 111 17.7%
  • Silicone

Votes: 43 6.9%
  • Tygon

Votes: 199 31.8%
  • Clearflex60

Votes: 223 35.6%
  • Masterkleer

Votes: 14 2.2%
  • Other

Votes: 36 5.8%

• Total voters
i don't care what tubing i have.... yeah, it's vinyl, but as long as water flows through it, and it doesn't bust open, it's fine for me.

btw, to keep it from kinking, whenever you find a kinked spot, put some zip-ties around the area where it kinked, and it will keep the circumferance in shape.

Using Tygon... also generic "PVC" stuff that sucks in another system. As for the Tygon- bucks well spent.

I was, I repeat was thinking of using 1/2" OD 316SS Tubing! But the 4" minimum radius hurts.

was using tygon but way too expensive, currently using discarded condoms. waaaayyy hard to glue together but once its all together water flow is awsome!

Skulemate said:

Actually, Tygon R-3603 and Clearflex60 have the same operating temperature range (-35 to 71°C), same hardness (Shore 55A), elongation (450%), tensile strength (1650psi) maximum bend radius (4x OD), etc. The same is pretty much true for their chemical resistances. Furthermore, in my experience I've not seen a remarkable difference in the lifespans of the two tubings. Pretty much the main difference is the price, and their colours (Clearflex60 is slightly bluish compared to Tygon).

And Jon: a few of us have been using Clearflex60 much longer than your review has been out. Taking all of the credit for "discovering" Clearflex is perhaps not totally justified. ;)
Same formulation for Tygon is only 65 cents per foot at mcmaster :)

1/2" Copper :)

I had been having some trouble with kinking in my vinyl tubing which cost me 3c on my cpu temp- I patched with zipties and dug out some copper I had in my cellar (being a packrat can be GOOD!)

Temps are no better than with unkinked vinyl but I like the look and I'll never have kinking worries again :)

about 1 month ago i switched from vinyl to clearflex. The clearflex rocks. :D. The vinly i used for about a year, and when i took it loose, the ends where i had it clamped to the barbs had gotten hard, and even started to crack in a few places. Not cool. I hope the clearflex holds up better. It sure is alot more pliable.

J. :D

Back