• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What type of tubing do you use?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

What type of tubing do you use?

• Vinyl

Votes: 111 17.7%
  • Silicone

Votes: 43 6.9%
  • Tygon

Votes: 199 31.8%
  • Clearflex60

Votes: 223 35.6%
  • Masterkleer

Votes: 14 2.2%
  • Other

Votes: 36 5.8%

• Total voters
I use the tubing from a fishtank cleaner thing. Its rly nice stuff, and easy to work with. Its about as kink proof as the 1/2 ID 3/4 OD from homedepot but its easier to work with. I also have some of the homdepot stuff and its a little stiffer but still better then the canadian tire crap.

I just use the Clearflex stuff from Home Depot.
I don't think the Tygon stuff is THAT special to pay more for.

Last edited:
Guttasyn 12/16 - nice bending, hardly kinking, bought for about $0.13 / foot.

Enforced tubing 12/18 (thick enforcing strings) - not bending so nice, but also hardly kinking, good mechanical and flow properties, about $0.22 / foot.

Where to buy? Local hardware shop :)

I had Clearflex in hand and I can't find it better than tubing described above. Tygon - dunno, I hadn't got possibility to test it by myself.

have tygon and masterkleer from mcmastercarr.
I like the masterkleer stuff better. bends are excellent with no kinks and very clear. 1/2" ID 3/4" OD 1/8" thickness...can't beat the price too.

1/2in id by 3/4in od reinforced vinyl tubing from menards as my dad said it was the toughest stuff you could get, only problem it likes to hold onto the fittings a little tooo much

onyl reason i got the tygon was for uv protected, since i was going to be using a dye

Using Clearflex 60 from mcmaster.com. Awesome place to get tubing, thanks to the people who pointed it out.

It seems to have a much, much better bend radius than the 3/32" walled Tygon I had before - a lot less soft, but not so soft that it's hard to work with. I would say it's pretty close to perfect, especially for $0.65/ft. :)

Just ordered some Clearflex 60 for a re-tube of my two. I hope to salvage some of the Tygon used last time.

You might be interested to know that in the UK, the cheapest I could find it was for $2.70 per foot!

bluedragon- Use a smaller font for your sig. Just insert (without the spaces) [ size = 1 ] (your sig here) [ / size ]

Nice bump there JML;)

I just grabbed some 3/8OD vinyl from homedepot the other day, bend radius is like 1.5":D Gonna be using that for gpu and NB blocks I think.

Jon

Back