• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What type of tubing do you use?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

What type of tubing do you use?

• Vinyl

Votes: 111 17.7%
  • Silicone

Votes: 43 6.9%
  • Tygon

Votes: 199 31.8%
  • Clearflex60

Votes: 223 35.6%
  • Masterkleer

Votes: 14 2.2%
  • Other

Votes: 36 5.8%

• Total voters
anyone who's used both CLearflex60 and Tygon; is the tygon really easier to work with than the Clearflex? I have the clearflex ATM and its thick walls bug me... looks fugly, well, not tooo bad but twould be nice to have thinner tubes...

I guess a better question is; is tygon all that and more??

tantric-5_G.jpg

I'm using the clear vinyl tubing from HomeDepot or Lowe's (I forget which!!). I figure I'll replace the tubing every 6 months or so and it's cheap enough to do that even as often as every 3 months.

i've tried the homedepot vinyl tubing and switched to the clearflex 60 from MaMaster(very reasonable). saw the difference right away, a lot easier to bend and do stuff than the homedepot's. btw saved the vinyl tubing for t-lines:D

Liquid_Cooled said:
hey WTF Kidd363, thanks for stealing pix of MY comp. anyways, if u guys wanna see more of MY comp, go check here http://www.gruntville.com/casegallery/albup91

Same here.

All the HDs in NOVA tend to run out of 3/4" OD 1/2" ID very quickly. Everyone buying it constantly or something? ;-)

Guess its used mostly for some plumbing, new house construction or something?

Ive actually never seen it used anywhere other than irrigation and aquatics.

Cheap braided vinyl tubing from Home Depot for right now, although I'm looking to redo the system soon, and that might change.

1/2"-1/16" wall silicone in the beginning, then 1/2"-1/8" wall Tygon, now 1/2"-1/8" wall blue UV Primochill Primoflex tubing.
Like it very much.

pict0235.jpg

Tubings I used:
1/16" wall Silicone
1/8" wall Primoflex
1/8" wall Tygon
1/16" wall Tygon
pict0236.jpg

CD :)

Uh, where are you guys seeing the Clearflex 1/2" ID stuff on McMaster.com for $0.65? I don't even get any returns for "Clearflex" when I search the page.

Does anyone have any idea how much Clearflex or Masterkleer goes for up in Canada? I'm looking just to drive down to a Home Depot and pick some stuff up. Prices in U.S. monies are cool.

Also (sorry for rambling), given the temperature ranges what tubing would you guys suggest for a water chiller setup?

Thanks in advance.

Back