Activation of XP

I honestly have a copy of XP Pro. Dad bought it for me on one of his gov't spending trips to Redmond. So I've reinstalled it like 3 or 4 times, and I just went with a clean install and it said I've activated it too many times? WHAT!!

For once in my life I actually have the OS legaly! What am I to do? if this has been posted before please lead me to a link?

Just punch the button that say's to activate by telephone. It will go to a page and have a installation ID number, along with the # to call. They'll ask a couple questions, you give them the nuber off your screen, then they'll read you back a number to type in.
    I have actually got a computer animated response before, basically the same thing.
    Folding for team 32 / My heatware

Once you get the new activation completed, check out this article:
    http://www.activewin.com/winxp/tips/basic/7.shtml in order to avoid the problem next time (and there is always a next time).

Senior Lawyer-clocker flounder43's Avatar
    It is super simple, and fast, to do on the telephone. I was pleasantly surprised.

here I am stuck in the internet, I have forgotten the wonderful tele, thanks for the info and the links

Also If you tell themn that the system is a testbed they will do something to your details that allows the activation key to be used over and over again...aslong as you use the same details!

I'm taking the MSCE in XP professional and it recomends to do at least 5-6 installs! LOL