• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Activation of XP

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Molybdym

I honestly have a copy of XP Pro. Dad bought it for me on one of his gov't spending trips to Redmond. So I've reinstalled it like 3 or 4 times, and I just went with a clean install and it said I've activated it too many times? WHAT!!

For once in my life I actually have the OS legaly! What am I to do? if this has been posted before please lead me to a link?

Just punch the button that say's to activate by telephone. It will go to a page and have a installation ID number, along with the # to call. They'll ask a couple questions, you give them the nuber off your screen, then they'll read you back a number to type in.
I have actually got a computer animated response before, basically the same thing.

here I am stuck in the internet, I have forgotten the wonderful tele, thanks for the info and the links

Also If you tell themn that the system is a testbed they will do something to your details that allows the activation key to be used over and over again...aslong as you use the same details!

I'm taking the MSCE in XP professional and it recomends to do at least 5-6 installs! LOL

Back